Greetings!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divernoob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I finally decided to sign up here after lurking for years (about time there, Jim).

I got my certification in 2005 and have had the bug ever since, although I don't get to dive as often as I'd like. I did my class and pool training with Tri State Scuba in Cincinnati and did my check out dives with Captain Hook's in Marathon. Both of these operations are top notch!

So far, I've only been to the Keys and Nassau, but I'm very much looking forward to branching out, mostly in the Caribbean.

My favorite dives include the shark dive with Stuart Cove's shop in Nassau and a couple of night dives on the Benwood wreck in Key Largo. Who knew there was so much to see at night?

I only have an open water cert, and would like to get my advanced ticket, but just haven't had the time and or courage. Any tips or suggestions for a good shop to get this through?

I look forward to reading and posting here. Seems like a really neat group!

Welcome Divernoob!
Over the Christmas holiday break I went on the Stuart cover shark dive too. I had a great time and I am so glad I choose that dive/company.
Are you planning to do any local dives?

Welcome Divernoob!
Over the Christmas holiday break I went on the Stuart cover shark dive too. I had a great time and I am so glad I choose that dive/company.
Are you planning to do any local dives?

Hey, Jendra!

Local dives? It's cold here!

Did ya buy any pics from your shark dive? I did and they're awesome. It's pretty cool showin 'em to my friends and seeing the look on their faces when they realize how close the sharks get to you .....

Attachments

• me&sharkey.jpg
    me&sharkey.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 18
Good afternoon, Divernoob!

Pleased to meet you. My name's John and I'm with Aquatic Dreams Diving out of Northern Kentucky. We do quite a few local trips in the summer to the regional quarries as well as a couple warm water trips. This past summer we rented houses in Marathon and dove Marathon and Key West. I believe this year we're going to do Cozumel or Mayan Riviera. We also do training from Open Water to Divemaster. If you'd like, take a look at our website and let me know if you might have any questions or are interested in advanced courses. We also try to get together at least once a month or so for dinner or a card game, just something to keep people active.

Our site is Aquatic Dreams Diving - Home

Have a good one!

John

Divernoob...nice pic with the shark!!
Did I buy pics? I think they called me a sucker...because I bought the pics and the video too! :) I teach Kindergarten and my students freaked out when they saw them! :)

As for diving around here now... Yes it is too cold! Someone asked me to do get ice certified.. and I was thinking they were nuts! but, I have to admit there's some pretty cool quarries and such around here that will be some great diving once it warms up a tad!

Cold, Schmold :D...... No big deal with a drysuit. I went diving in Hopkinsville, KY on Dec. 20th. Water was 48 & the air was 35. I was invited to do some ice diving with some PS divers. I would have if I didn't have to teach an OW class. At least I was in a nice warn indoor pool.

Cold, Schmold :D...... No big deal with a drysuit. I went diving in Hopkinsville, KY on Dec. 20th. Water was 48 & the air was 35. I was invited to do some ice diving with some PS divers. I would have if I didn't have to teach an OW class. At least I was in a nice warn indoor pool.

Show off.:D

As I told another member, I only dive at locales where there are palm trees and things that smell like coconut! When I'm on vacation, I don't like to shiver. Which is why I gave up snow skiing.:rofl3: Okay, me knees ain't so great, either.:idk:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom