Gross, disgusting behaviour on the boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you ever Sneezed ? ever quietly slipped a Stinker out in public when there was nowhere else to let it out and then walked away and crop dusted the area ? Ever Pee,d in yer wet suit ?
All must do body functions ,and the girls have to do them just as the boys do.
At least the oyster horker let you see his actions so you would know what was coming your way in the current instead if you possibly picking up an interesting piece of aquatic growth floating by for a closer examination.:D:acclaim:
I was in Costco once and had a really bad case of gas, and I mean really stinky gas.
I was trying to be discreet, so I pretended I needed to go down one of the isles that was empty of people and when I saw nobody was down there I got in the middle and let 'er rip, and I mean a couple of cubic feet of pure weapons grade WMD's gas from another world bad, just horrible. I still can't remember what I ate but whatever it was I could sell it to the military it was that bad.
Nobody entered the isle during my evacuation so I figured I got away with it and everything was cool. I zipped around the corner quickly to the next isle still in a state of euphoria after that great out. When I was in the next isle I could see the area of my last nerve gas attack through the Pallets of pampers and gallon freezer bags. Some poor lady turned the corner right into the isle I just left and walked right into the cloud. all I heard was "OH MY GOD!!! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SMELL!!!!"

Like others, I do this before I get back on the boat. Seriously, if I'm not puking from seasickness, I blow my nose into my hand (generally 10-20 feet from the boat) and then wash it off before I get back on the boat. Why do this in sight/proximity to other people?

MMM, you have raised an issue of etiquette that we missed in both our books (Scuba Snobs' guide to diving Etiquette, original and book 2). Thanks for raising the general point about being considerate of other divers and the effect your conduct has on them, and for raising a first time example and application of that rule. In fact any body expulsion ( mucus, vomit, urine, or other ( lets not get too vivid) should be, to the maximum extent possible, directed away from all others in the area, whether on the boat or in the water. Accidents happen, but lets avoid what can be avoided. Thanks.
DivemasterDennis
I don't know how many times I've been on a boat where the toilet has been made unusable by somebody puking all over the whole room. Yuck!
this really stinks when I'm diving dry and have a bladder the size of a walnut.

I don't know how many times I've been on a boat where the toilet has been made unusable by somebody puking all over the whole room. Yuck!
this really stinks when I'm diving dry and have a bladder the size of a walnut.
Even worse when your bladder is the size of a watermelon.:confined:

That's nothing. Once while doing a safety stop I saw the boat captain pooping over the side of the boat a dozen feet above my head. Ugh.

Scuba is a glamour sport - was the comment someone made after a double barrel snot rocket.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom