• Weekend of August 24th-25th

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Weekend of August 31st-September 1st

• Weekend of September 7th-September 8th

• Weekend of September 14th-September 15th

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • None of these are good for me (please post your preferred date in this case)

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep... you'll need everything you need for a normal dive. No need for a dive flag. Cash not in hand, but in pocket.

He told me $60, but his website says $75, so I'm planning on having enough for the $75 just in case...

Don't forget your C-Card.

just because Jeff asked:wink:

Stonington Me To Merrimack River Ma Out 25 Nm-

Today
SW winds 10 to 15 kts becoming W late this morning. Seas 2 to 4 ft.

Tonight
W winds 5 to 10 kts...becoming NE. Seas 2 ft or less.

Sat
E to NE winds 10 to 15 kts...becoming S and increasing 15 to 20 kts. Seas 2 to 4 ft.

Sat Night
S winds increasing to 15 to 25 kts. Seas building to 3 to 5 ft. A chance of rain showers from late evening on.

Sun
SW winds 15 to 25 kts...increasing to 20 to 30 kts with higher gusts. Seas 3 to 5 ft...building to 4 to 8 ft. Occasional rain showers.

Sun Night
SW to W winds 15 to 20 kts becoming N. Seas subsiding to 2 to 4 ft. A chance of rain showers.

Mon
N winds 10 to 15 kts. Seas 1 to 3 ft.

I just heard the weather for CT for Sunday, we will get the tail end of "Hannah" causing terential rain fall mid to late afternoon on Sunday... Is there any chance we could move this up to tomorrow - I have a sinking feeling we will get a blow out -

Oh and I have another problem, I think I might have a head cold... I may HAVE to bow out... Spectre, I'll keep you posted...;-0

yes... 2 tanks. If cancelled, we can always meet for a shore dive.

We are gonna be staying in Portsmouth, NH on sat. night.... I'll have my cell and I'll probably be in the Rye area around 11am..

Jeff.... are they going to call you? or is it going to be a "show up and see" situation?

Do we want to give Jeff all of our contact info? (which he might have already). Do we want to have a backup plan now, or wait and see?

Just talked to Capt. Rob and he said that they'll decide that morning... if it's "snotty" during the morning dives, they'll probably cancel.

Should we watch here to find out, or are we going to meet at Captain Robs regardless?

What is a good, "diving safe" medication for seasickness? I've been in like 3-4 ft swells in a Lake, but never been in rough seas on the ocean. I suppose I could just do a search, eh?

raxafarian once bubbled...
Jeff.... are they going to call you? or is it going to be a "show up and see" situation?

*sigh* Yes. They will let me know in the morning if they are getting blown out. If I don't hear from them I'll double check.

Do we want to give Jeff all of our contact info? (which he might have already). Do we want to have a backup plan now, or wait and see?

I have everyone's but Aarons... [PM me]. I'm not sure I have a cell number for sherpa...

As far as backup plans... you guys feel free to come up with something, but I'm guessing my backup plan will involve the Red Hook brewery... I've seen what seas need to be to get blown out, and I'm going to guess you'll be _seriously_ hard pressed to find anything even remotely decent.

Now since the weather conversations do us absoutely no good other than worry and inplant the seeds of concern in our heads, let's stop it. Captains don't trust their lively hood to the weather reports.. they wait until that day and make a call.

We should do the same, before everyone works themselves up into such a concern that everyone decides to not go, or go and not dive, or dive and get in trouble 'cause you've been concerned about the weather for 5 days!

Well, the concern is I have a LONG drive in addition to the dive, if the weather sucks, I hauled my a@# out there for nothing. However, the Brewery back up may make everything all right provided I can sober up for the drive home... I guess that is the main concern for me (aside from the sniffles I seem to be getting).

shellbird once bubbled...
Well, the concern is I have a LONG drive in addition to the dive

I understand you're concern. My point is just that there is so much that can happen between now and then. If you look at the weather reports, Sunday is the rough amoung diamonds... We all know what it's like around here. When you get something like that, it's a timing thing... it could be here saturday, it could be here monday...

The nautical report shows SW winds until monday, when it switches to North winds and the seas start laying down. What if that north wind arrives on sunday? Then the seas lay right down for us.

Since he has a morning charter, he'll have to make a call around 6AM. If he calls it then, then there is plenty of time to 'call off the travellers'.

However, the Brewery back up may make everything all right provided I can sober up for the drive home...

If you've not spent some time in Portsmouth, I would understand everyone's need for 'a backup plan'. However we can kill a day with absolute ease in downtown portsmouth. Lunch at some place in town, check out some shops, maybe there'll be a local festival around somewhere. Hit the Brewery or Red Hook for dinner... not a problem what-so-ever.

And Shellbird... if there is a true issue with getting back home, you're welcome to crash in my guest room...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom