Group trip to Martha's Quarry for anyone interested!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The cost is $15.00 a day and free to camp. Air fills I think are $5.00 and I'm not sure if he pumps NX yet.

For those of you coming I will be leaving tomorrow morning and I will probably get there about 1:00 pm local time. I will tell the folks at the gate where I am and to refer any scubaboard people my way. I will be in a Black StepSide Chevy Truck.

I hope too meet you all.

Chad

Hey Chad,

How did the dive go this past weekend?

Sorry I couldn't make it down. Got off late Friday night (early Saturday morning) and had to be back at work midday Sunday.

Keep me in the loop for futures.

socal

Socal,

It went great we got to meet Silverfish from the board and the water was really warm. Alot of people were wearing shorties. We missed you though.

I will let you know about the next trip. It is good to see you back on the board.

Chad

Martha's reopened yesterday with great visibility (no surprise there) and bracing water temps. There was even a professional photographer from the UK there getting shots for his new book.

Anyone thinking of coming down again this year?

At the Nashville Dive Club meeting last weekend I heard the quarry was having serious problems staying open and may close. When the owner stood in front of everyone for his 8 1/2 second presenation on the quarry he simply said "All deals I made with everyone here is off!". So the answer to your question is No. We went to Martha's 3 or 4 times last yr. I don't like a man who walks around cursing with a gun exposed sticking out of his pants. To many other quarries where you don't have to put up with that nonsense. Not to mention the other quarries will let us do some real giant strides.

Loch Lo Minn outside Knoxville and Cerulean are about 20-25 miles closer for us. Loch Lo Minn has NICE NICE NICE camping and a cabin to rent, actual plumbing, hot showers and foooood. Cerulean has nice camping and a nice little on site dive shop full of the knick knack stuff you always need.

Come on over and join us at Loch Lo Minn sometime. You can hit about 90' ft. there. We have two scheduled trip to Loch Lo Minn this summer and 1 trip down to Cerulean.

I spoke with Fred awhile yesterday, and my impression is that the problems you referenced have been resolved very recently in his favor. Everything at the quarry seemed normal, other than the entrance fee going up a bit.

He's always been polite and even talkative to me, so I'm surprised and sorry to hear about the problems you had.

Loch Lo Minn and Cerulean have possibilities later in the summer, but I'm "in training" for cave class in a couple months, so I'll be staying close to home for now.

If any of you happen to be at Martha's and see a guy in DIR gear and doubles, c'mon over and say hi. I'm much friendlier than I appear! :)

think that we will be down there in June or July.

so I am sure that JBD and I will head that way.

Keep and eye on the KPP section as we will let everyone know when we head that way.

Chad

BTW....I will be dressed alot like you. :D

vodolaz once bubbled...
I spoke with Fred awhile yesterday, and my impression is that the problems you referenced have been resolved very recently in his favor. Everything at the quarry seemed normal, other than the entrance fee going up a bit.

What is the entrance fee going up to for 2003?

Cerulean is at $12.00 per diver per day. Heck of a price for what he offers.

Martha's is about 240 miles from Lexington.
Cerulean and Loch Lo Minn and nearly the same at 206-207 miles from Lexington. That's nearly a 1/2 hr. in backroad driving time you save going to Cerulean and Loch Lo Minn.

Cerulean is having a Treasure Hunt Aug. 2-3 (Sat.-Sun.) 100% for childrens charity. Plus the catfish at that place are absolutey HUGE.

We will be going to Loch Lo Minn one weekend in June. We will camp and I'm sure some will rent the cabin.

Back
Top Bottom