Group trip to Martha's Quarry for anyone interested!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Martha's is now $20.00 per diver per day. I believe there's a camping option that might save you the second day's admission, but I'm not sure. Since I live in the area, that's not something I'd be familiar with, so you might want to contact Fred directly.

vodolaz once bubbled...
Martha's is now $20.00 per diver per day.

so you might want to contact Fred directly.

I know myself well enough to know I had better not do that.

$20.00 per day? Does he offer any other ammenities other than PortoPots for 2003? He has the airfills ($$) and the busdiveshop ($$$$). But does the $20.00 come with any other ammenities other than a portopot?

How far is Cerulean from Nashville?

CincyBengalsFan once bubbled...

I know myself well enough to know I had better not do that.

$20.00 per day? Does he offer any other ammenities other than PortoPots for 2003? He has the airfills ($$) and the busdiveshop ($$$$). But does the $20.00 come with any other ammenities other than a portopot?

How far is Cerulean from Nashville?
Looks like 1:45 driving time, which wouldn't be too bad. Cerulean doesn't open until next month.

Amenities seem to be the same as last year: changing areas, portopots, and covered picnic tables. It's not Ginnie Springs, but it's close to Nashville if you're looking for good restaurants. Also there's a shop 15-20 minutes away if you have O2 clean tanks and need nitrox on Saturdays.

Other amenities from http://www.marthasquarry.com/about.php

------------------------------------

Martha's Quarry is the Mid-South's best diving destination. Imagine over forty acres of clear water without the hassle of boaters and fishing line. That is Martha's !!

Here a few benefits of diving or teaching at Martha's:
Air Fill station available
Full-Service Dive shop on site
Zeagle Dive Gear Retail sales and Repair
Night-dives on Saturday night
Multiple training platforms
Certified divers only! Permitted in the water.
Food/Snack concessions Available (New!)
Changing areas (New!)
Lot's to see !!

vodolaz once bubbled...
Other amenities from http://www.marthasquarry.com/about.php

Martha's Quarry is the Mid-South's best diving destination. Imagine over forty acres of clear water without the hassle of boaters and fishing line. That is Martha's !!

Here a few benefits of diving or teaching at Martha's:

Certified divers only! Permitted in the water.
Food/Snack concessions Available (New!)
Changing areas (New!)
Lot's to see !!

He advertised his concessions last yr. and had NONE more than half the time. Cerulean will let you in the quarry in a designated swimming area and will also let you into other parts of the quarry as long as you have a flotation device on like a BC. Not to mention its warm even at 40 ft. What is the water temperture at Martha's at 40 ft.? Also, I was only at Martha's once last yr. when it was clear. It was in May I think. The June and July trips Viz was no more than 10 ft.

We are planning a trip to the Quarry outside Huntsville. I don't know how far Huntsville is from Nashville but it sounds like hands down it's the best. www.rockdivers.com

Sorry I missed your posts, guys. I'm looking forward to diving with some other DIR type divers, so come on down any time. :)

BTW, congrats on your excellent fashion sense, Chad.

:D

What is the water temperture at Martha's at 40 ft.? Also, I was only at Martha's once last yr. when it was clear. It was in May I think. The June and July trips Viz was no more than 10 ft.
Vis at Martha's today was roughly 30'-40' above 30', 10' at depth as the runoff from last week's rains settles down. Water temps were a welcome 50F: perfect for this drysuit diver. :)

We are planning a trip to the Quarry outside Huntsville. I don't know how far Huntsville is from Nashville but it sounds like hands down it's the best. www.rockdivers.com
Wow, you guys must be some serious quarry connoisseurs to drive that far. If I were up in your area, I'd be on my way north for some wreck diving instead. Or aren't there many good sites in southern Lake Michigan?

vodolaz once bubbled...

Wow, you guys must be some serious quarry connoisseurs to drive that far. If I were up in your area, I'd be on my way north for some wreck diving instead. Or aren't there many good sites in southern Lake Michigan?

I take large groups when we dive. Groups generally prefer nice wamer water compared to those of Lake Michigan. Not to mention Lake Michigans Viz is usually pretty sad.:( Lake Huron on the other hand has some awesome Viz and great wrecks to dive also and it's a lot closer drive. But...It's still SAC (Slap A** Cold). I have a drysuit but most folks don't.

We figured www.rockdivers.com will be 5 hrs. and 30-45 minutes. Mermet springs is 5 hrs. away and CK and those guys love going to that place.

One thing for sure. If I had my way I would hit Jacksonville, Fla. everytime out of the driveway for some spearfishing. Can't wait to get down there the last weekend of July.:)

You should look into driving over to Loch Lo Minn sometime. I bet it's well under 2 hrs. for you. Hot showers, Actual Plumbing, Real Food, a cabin to rent or nice camping areas, airfills, etc. etc. Plus depths of up to 90 ft.

You should look into driving over to Loch Lo Minn sometime. I bet it's well under 2 hrs. for you. Hot showers, Actual Plumbing, Real Food, a cabin to rent or nice camping areas, airfills, etc. etc. Plus depths of up to 90 ft.
Sounds interesting, though it's over 3 hours just to Knoxville. Guess I'd better get used to long drives again if I'm going to cave dive in the future.

I'll start looking into Huron sites. Thanks for the tip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom