gue accepting certs from another organisation, experiences?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I only have a better way for the stagerotation, I know a gue diver that does it now my way, haha.
But nobody has done the way that is possible with gue?
Please share your approach.

Looks like you've got all the cards one could want, although it would seem that the only thing you're lacking is experience, just diving with GUE members will give you that experience. Although, correct me if I'm wrong, do you just want another cert?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds like you're pretty fancy already chief. Why do you want the card?

You know, it's been my experience that people who think they have nothing to learn, tend to learn nothing.

i am not saying that there is nothing to learn, there is always something to learn. It is just read, read read. I wrote that I don't learn enough in a fundies class to pay such a lot of money. My money is not endless.
I have dived 16 years without certificate and then thought, ok, maybe it is easier to do a Padi course, then no lying is needed anymore that I forgot my cert (never had any problem). But technical diving is much better than staying at 30m max. And then I entered a world where no place for naturals, autodidacts, etc. You cannot show that you are already at a certain level and then get a cert. I have done courses where I paid a lot for and learned really nothing. But I am consent, I am not a child that needs to be taken by hand for every step. Sometimes there are naturals and then a good instructor tries to find things to learn that diver in a course and not doing simple what is needed in a course. I know not easy. If for example backwards finning not in a course and I wanted that to learn then the answer was: sorry that is not in the course. Ok, now I know the reason that the instructor was not able to do backwardsfinning. So I learned myself. So I am never saying there is nothing to learn, but there is no need to do a whole course. In other sports I can hire an instructor for 1 hour, for a day, to do what I want, to help me with a problem I think I have. For example for offpiste skiing. I hired 1 day an instructor/mountain guide for 120 euro to show me offpiste skiing. So we did the first steps, he had the materials needed and we did some nice slopes outside the normal pistes. Now I know what it is and if I want to do it again, then I hire another instructor/mountain guide.

I have in diving some personal reasons about why I want to know about the possibilities to show that I am at a several level without doing a whole course. It seems that it is forbidden to say that? I just asked about possiblities and experiences from others. Then I can decide to do or not to do. Is that wrong?

i am not saying that there is nothing to learn, there is always something to learn. It is just read, read read. I wrote that I don't learn enough in a fundies class to pay such a lot of money. My money is not endless.
I have dived 16 years without certificate and then thought, ok, maybe it is easier to do a Padi course, then no lying is needed anymore that I forgot my cert (never had any problem). But technical diving is much better than staying at 30m max. And then I entered a world where no place for naturals, autodidacts, etc. You cannot show that you are already at a certain level and then get a cert. I have done courses where I paid a lot for and learned really nothing. But I am consent, I am not a child that needs to be taken by hand for every step. Sometimes there are naturals and then a good instructor tries to find things to learn that diver in a course and not doing simple what is needed in a course. I know not easy. If for example backwards finning not in a course and I wanted that to learn then the answer was: sorry that is not in the course. Ok, now I know the reason that the instructor was not able to do backwardsfinning. So I learned myself. So I am never saying there is nothing to learn, but there is no need to do a whole course. In other sports I can hire an instructor for 1 hour, for a day, to do what I want, to help me with a problem I think I have. For example for offpiste skiing. I hired 1 day an instructor/mountain guide for 120 euro to show me offpiste skiing. So we did the first steps, he had the materials needed and we did some nice slopes outside the normal pistes. Now I know what it is and if I want to do it again, then I hire another instructor/mountain guide.

I have in diving some personal reasons about why I want to know about the possibilities to show that I am at a several level without doing a whole course. It seems that it is forbidden to say that? I just asked about possiblities and experiences from others. Then I can decide to do or not to do. Is that wrong?

I still have no idea why you want to bypass a GUE course. Are you trying to take a higher level course instead? Dive with your local GUE divers?

I have some personal reasons I told. I think there is no need to share them all. And I just asked about possibilities to bypass a course, everybody can have another reason. I just asked about the possibility and that I said I don't see the need for me to do a fundies or tech1 class or cave1 or even a tech2 class. I have a trimix cert for oc, a trimix cert for ccr, and a full cave, so I don't have any limits in diving anymore. I try to get more and more experienced in the really deep dives with hours of deco or long cavedives. Where I live there are not a lot of divers who do such dives. So I have to travel and still then it is difficult to find divecenters to organise such dives, or to help you, or even find other buddy's for such dives. So I have to do a lot myself. I try to get more and more experienced on dives outside of what I have learned in courses. I dive a lot of different ways, I like teamdiving, but sometimes I dive solo too (in strong currents at northsea wrecks for example). I have dived with 5 stages in caves, I dived to over 100m depth with ccr in an overhead situation with about 160 minutes deco. There are no courses that teach this. I know this diving is not always DIR, but I can share my experiences too if people want to know about it. I have done stupid things too of course. But I just want to try to get more possibilities to do the real techdives. And do learning on the job.

I have some personal reasons I told. I think there is no need to share them all. And I just asked about possibilities to bypass a course, everybody can have another reason. I just asked about the possibility and that I said I don't see the need for me to do a fundies or tech1 class or cave1 or even a tech2 class. I

I think you underestimate what Fundies is. It is the base level for all GUE courses, without that foundation you're basing too much on what is written on the internet. To actually experience the class and go through the materials (with an instructor) opens out the approach to diving in a whole new way.

Fundies doesn't give you depth, gases. But it does give you a new approach.

I have some personal reasons I told. I think there is no need to share them all. And I just asked about possibilities to bypass a course, everybody can have another reason. I just asked about the possibility and that I said I don't see the need for me to do a fundies or tech1 class or cave1 or even a tech2 class. I have a trimix cert for oc, a trimix cert for ccr, and a full cave, so I don't have any limits in diving anymore. I try to get more and more experienced in the really deep dives with hours of deco or long cavedives. Where I live there are not a lot of divers who do such dives. So I have to travel and still then it is difficult to find divecenters to organise such dives, or to help you, or even find other buddy's for such dives. So I have to do a lot myself. I try to get more and more experienced on dives outside of what I have learned in courses. I dive a lot of different ways, I like teamdiving, but sometimes I dive solo too (in strong currents at northsea wrecks for example). I have dived with 5 stages in caves, I dived to over 100m depth with ccr in an overhead situation with about 160 minutes deco. There are no courses that teach this. I know this diving is not always DIR, but I can share my experiences too if people want to know about it. I have done stupid things too of course. But I just want to try to get more possibilities to do the real techdives. And do learning on the job.

i love this guy.....

I know what fundies is, I have dived with gue divers. they said to me, it is not needed to do the course because of my diving already. I just asked about the experiences and if people have done it. It seems that it is only done by already known people in a gue group, not by outsiders and with this postings it seems that outsiders are not welcome, only by doing a whole course. I just want to know the experiences and can then decide to do or not. But doing a fundies class is not what I am looking for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom