GUE Cave Training?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think its worth checking, even if you 'know' what's on you. Jim 'knew', also. It takes a couple seconds, not a big deal.
it's definitely worth checking and I look at that sticker every time.
but I don't know how practical and scalable it is to have your buddies verify all your stage switches every time. it isn't always going to work
i like the idea of stickers on the bottom

6AVOQR4.jpg

I think the textbook "you watch me switch" Blue Grotto/ Tiger Tail Lake thing isn't practical all the time, for sure. But look at that sticker before you put a reg in your mouth and check your buddy when conditions allow.

I think the textbook "you watch me switch" Blue Grotto/ Tiger Tail Lake thing isn't practical all the time, for sure. But look at that sticker before you put a reg in your mouth and check your buddy when conditions allow.

Meh. I was more concerned with reduced deco limits on 25-26% BS gas than wacking myself with a switch onto breathable anywhere gas. Driving back to the fill station and hoping they have another stage to rent? Not gonna happen.

Didn't you check it before you left the shop? Or was it not worth the hassel to have it re-mixed?

i suspect if you could ask jim miller he'd be in favor of better observing stage switching procedure, even when you didn't have to, unless the situation forced you to make an exception...

This and why does it have to be GUE? Stay with TDI, do cavern, then Intro to Cave before full cave with lots of practice in between. TDI certs do not expire, as far as I know.
I took full cave from a NACD CDS instructor and the training was just as good as the full cave class i later took from GUI. I suspect instructor selection is the key.

Didn't you check it before you left the shop? Or was it not worth the hassel to have it re-mixed?

There is no "remixing" in MX. They don't run the compressor during the heat of the day(s). And in Tulum its from a membrane, so you'd have to dump it all and start over. Its 26 vs 32% jeesh. Most of the caves in MX you can't even get into deco on air if you tried. I'm just rather unfamiliar with non-standard mixes and MDLs.

There is no "remixing" in MX. They don't run the compressor during the heat of the day(s). And in Tulum its from a membrane, so you'd have to dump it all and start over. Its 26 vs 32% jeesh. Most of the caves in MX you can't even get into deco on air if you tried. I'm just rather unfamiliar with non-standard mixes and MDLs.

All I dove my first trip to MX was air, and I didn't come within a mile of NDL. It's basically like mixing gas for the confined water section of OW class.

Doesn't zeroG have a compressor now however?

Last edited:
All I dove my first trip to MX was air, and I didn't come within a mile of NDL. It's basically like mixing gas for the confined water section of OW class.

Doesn't zeroG have a compressor now however?

yes, ZG has a compressor with a membrane system. I don't believe they offer air fills at all, your choices are 32% or trimix

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom