GUE CCR, It's OFFICIAL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just out of curiosity, does anybody know where to find a list of the specifications for a GUE approved rebreather? Not just the configuration, but the actual unit itself.

Just out of curiosity, does anybody know where to find a list of the specifications for a GUE approved rebreather? Not just the configuration, but the actual unit itself.

You can go to A REBREATHER CHOSEN BY DEMANDING DIVERS - JJ-CCR and see all the unit specs. The "modifications" that GUE does is mostly accessorizing (i.e. different tanks, wing, deletion of dil mav, deletion of inline shutoff, and altered hose routing). None of the internals of the unit, nor the electronics have been modified in any way.

You can go to A REBREATHER CHOSEN BY DEMANDING DIVERS - JJ-CCR and see all the unit specs. The "modifications" that GUE does is mostly accessorizing (i.e. different tanks, wing, deletion of dil mav, deletion of inline shutoff, and altered hose routing). None of the internals of the unit, nor the electronics have been modified in any way.

Sorry, shoulda been a bit more specific. I'm good with the external mods, but was wondering what specifically about the JJ head, electronics, scrubber, etc. made it stand out as the unit of choice vs any other ccr

Sorry, shoulda been a bit more specific. I'm good with the external mods, but was wondering what specifically about the JJ head, electronics, scrubber, etc. made it stand out as the unit of choice vs any other ccr

i think it was mostly the ability to customize it to keep with a minimalistic gue configuration. backmounted counterlung, clean chest etc.

i think it was mostly the ability to customize it to keep with a minimalistic gue configuration. backmounted counterlung, clean chest etc.

Hmm, if that's the case, theoretically, my unit could gain GUE approval. Wouldn't that be a nice way to finish my pet project?

That lack of "ability" ruled out the Meg I believe.

Standardization is a huge thing with GUE. I doubt that just any ol' unit will suffice.

Agreed 100%. I've got a few years before I'm even qualified to take GUE CCR, so I've been working on it mostly as a learning exercise and partly because the standard config is most comfortable for me.

Everything except for the head and can are virtually indistinguishable from a GUE spec JJ (except for the touch contacts on the new gen huds).

I'm aware of the differences in construction between the JJ and mine, but have been unable to find a definitive answer as to what is significant in the eyes of GUE. Just for my personal education.

Where does the O2 go? I haven't been able to figure that part out. I'm guessing that it's attached to one of the dil tanks with the Halcyon webbing system that they use for argon tanks. How much O2 is carried?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom