GUE Fundamentals Report, weekend 1 of 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After doing some practice dives today I now feel like last weekend was all luck and we're doomed to be deemed "Unsafe Divers" LOL:confused::popcorn::rofl3::D

No update for two days? I can only imagine how it is going :D:D

They split their class up into two weekends, so today will be Day #3.

Tom

...I'm so exhausted... We finished up today. We actually met friday evening to do some classroom. Yesterday was a mix of half in-water and half classroom with today being sort of a final of "check out dives". The one guy in our group who was struggling a bit last weekend got about 5 hours of bottom time inbetween weekends in the last 5 days to really square himself away and it showed on saturday. Saturday was by far our best day, we were really clicking as a team and doing the drills very well. Activities included more of the same drills but with increased task loading including taking away platforms/bottom and visual references while we had to stay within the required depth/trim windows.

Today started pretty rough, I think we were all pretty exhausted mentally and physically and we made a few bone head mistakes. In the end I think we were able to redeem ourselves though and we all ended up with "the blessing". (Technical passes) :eyebrow: :cool2:

I'll let one of the other guys do a more in-depth review, I'm exhausted. One thing I can say is Ed is an amazing instructor and I would highly recommend him for any diver regardless of experience levels or end goal. He is extremely patient and doesn't have an intimidating personality. We're actually planning on doing a little road trip next year to head down to Kentucky and do some dives in his neck of the woods. Duane was also an awesome help, he volunteered his time (including halloween) to video tape for us. Well my XL pizza just got here and then I'm going to bed! I look forward to a few days of doing nothing lol. Goodnight all :wink:

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing. I look forward to the in depth review.

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom