GUE Fundie Classes & Amazing dive experiences in Jan & Feb 2011 Ft Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BTW, Dan, I chose "inshore ledges" for my zone . . . but honestly, the rubble areas sound fascinating, too!

Hey, for you and PFC AJ, I can add some dives before or after the Friday, Saturday sunday dives planned....in fact, there are several people coming that are starting early, or staying late--several more days.
The boats are completely full of our group each of the 3 days right now, and Bob, Errol and I want there to be enough "one on one" with everyone so that this whole thing can be as good as it can be---if we go to two boats, we get spread too thin, and our ability to do what we are setting out to do gets compromised.

Let me know if you could dive before this weekend, or after it, and I WILL get a good trip set up--including the Hole in the Wall if that is your preferred site :)
I can also check with the others coming before or after, and we may well have a nice additional DIR group dive :)

:w-t-f: Spread too thin? two boats worth of ScubaBoarders??!!?!? Who are you trying to kid??? Go for it!!

Two boats! Two boats! :cheerleader:

Jax,
Your question about class schedule is better handled via pm or email rather than posted on a board. Suffice it to say the schedule is very dynamic depending upon the students, but you should be prepared for pretty long days like 7:30 to 6:30 each day. It may go quicker or longer, just depends. Happy to explain in detail privately or email Bob.
Regards,
Errol

Hey, for you and PFC AJ, I can add some dives before or after the Friday, Saturday sunday dives planned....in fact, there are several people coming that are starting early, or staying late--several more days.
The boats are completely full of our group each of the 3 days right now, and Bob, Errol and I want there to be enough "one on one" with everyone so that this whole thing can be as good as it can be---if we go to two boats, we get spread too thin, and our ability to do what we are setting out to do gets compromised.

Let me know if you could dive before this weekend, or after it, and I WILL get a good trip set up--including the Hole in the Wall if that is your preferred site :)
I can also check with the others coming before or after, and we may well have a nice additional DIR group dive :)

that sounds good to me man. let me get with aj and see how our schedules look around that time and get back to you

Litehedded, what if we were to set up a separate adventure weekend with a pure focus on technical dives? We have some awesome wrecks and deep reef adventures down here and with the dpvs...well it is just too much fun. Sometime in March? We want to do this on a fairly regular basis to grow the community in South Florida and introduce others to our fantastic diving. I see you may be coming down to aquatic, would be happy to pick up your hood and meet you in between if you would bring down a set of my doubles from EE. I would even say we could meet and dive hole in the wall then as well with some of the local guys and your buddies, etc.
Errol

Jax,
Your question about class schedule is better handled via pm or email rather than posted on a board. Suffice it to say the schedule is very dynamic depending upon the students, but you should be prepared for pretty long days like 7:30 to 6:30 each day. It may go quicker or longer, just depends. Happy to explain in detail privately or email Bob.
Regards,
Errol

Seriously???

I will say this is most unusual. :popcorn:

i'd be really interested in that, Errol. although my scooter might be a tad too large for that perhaps I can find an 18ah conversion :D
I sent you a pm about your doubles.

They are a bit quirky but they put out very well made stuff made utilizing G-231N Rubatex. I have acquired 3 wet suits from them in the past 2 1/2 years. One just two months ago to replace a 3mm left and lost at a marina. :banghead:

my buddy has had one for years and loves it but I read a lot of bad stuff about their customer service on thedecostop. I bit the bullet anyway and bought one because it's just a hood. I'm tired of buying crappy ones, george was right when it comes to buying a quality hood.

glad to hear you're happy with them. that makes me feel a little better.

BTW, Dan, I chose "inshore ledges" for my zone . . . but honestly, the rubble areas sound fascinating, too!
Hi Lynn, at some of our sites, I could get us on both an inshore ledge, and a inshore rubble zone a short swim inshore--same dive...You will also want to try the Blue Heron Bridge of course. I will have Sandra take you on the tour for this, as she can find stuff I would never know was there :)

Oh, I am seriously looking forward to the BHB! But really, I'm looking forward to any and all of the trip. This will be new territory for us, and it's always great fun to dive a new place with new critters to enjoy. The problem, of course, is that I want to do it ALL!

What Lynne said; I wrote off-shore ledge, but I'm happy diving anywhere. It all sounds great.

Henrik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom