GUE Fundie Classes & Amazing dive experiences in Jan & Feb 2011 Ft Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome, katepnatl! Can't wait to meet and dive with you (along with everyone else). I see your parents live in Morehead - I try to get there several times a season.

I'll be driving down from Virginia so as to arrive that Sunday afternoon before class, then leaving Monday after the adventure weekend.

So looking forward to this (see me doing a fist pumping happy dance)!

Lilla

I was thinking I should introduce myself... although I have to admit I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the SB veterans on this trip! (Yes, I am a :dork2:)

When the Feb class opened up I jumped on it... I had read enough on SB to realize this was a great opportunity. From a background perspective - I've never actually been diving with (or even *talked* with) any DIR/GUE divers (well other than Bob and Errol obviously). I only know of GUE/DIR from being a long-time lurker on SB and from what I've read... so you all are the ones who really sold me on the class.

Anyway, I am very much looking forward to the class and to meeting so many of you. And I can't believe it's less than two months away already! I'm probably driving down from Atlanta Saturday (before the Fundies class on Monday) and I'm planning on leaving Monday afternoon, after the big weekend.

Well I can't think of anything else relevant so I'll just post this :D

Jupiter Hole-in-The Wall Dive...

Nice video Scott, thanks for posting it. The Hole in the Wall is one of my favorite all time dives. For those visiting in February that are interested, the cave portion of this dive is maybe 5 minutes out of a 15 minute or more dive...
The ledge we drop on is very cool for the several hundred yards leading up to the cave, and the ledge after it can have some big lobsters and plenty of cool large marine life left for you..the adrenaline does not stop for quite a while :)

I was thinking I should introduce myself... although I have to admit I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the SB veterans on this trip! (Yes, I am a :dork2:)

When the Feb class opened up I jumped on it... I had read enough on SB to realize this was a great opportunity. From a background perspective - I've never actually been diving with (or even *talked* with) any DIR/GUE divers (well other than Bob and Errol obviously). I only know of GUE/DIR from being a long-time lurker on SB and from what I've read... so you all are the ones who really sold me on the class.

Anyway, I am very much looking forward to the class and to meeting so many of you. And I can't believe it's less than two months away already! I'm probably driving down from Atlanta Saturday (before the Fundies class on Monday) and I'm planning on leaving Monday afternoon, after the big weekend.

Well I can't think of anything else relevant so I'll just post this :D

Kate, this is going to be a lot of fun for all of us. It will be nice meeting you and all of the other Scubaboarders we talk to all the time online.

I will be able to take people out early--on days prior to the friday/sat/sun dives, if anyone of you would like.

Also, and VERY IMPORTANT!!! I will be opening up a new feature in the South Florida Dive Journal in the next day or so, that will help each help us in picking the perfect dive sites for you....it is a group intake form I will be asking you to fill out...
It will relate your EXACT diving desires, and diving skill levels, and is set up to help us put 6 to 10 people of exactly the same specific interest together on the part of the reef system most ideal for their "wish list" of what they would experience...
The way our reefs are in Palm Beach, there are many different environments within only a FEW hundred yards of any part of the reef, and knowing the answers to the intake form should be a huge assist in guaranteeing the best diving possible.
I am asking that each of you coming email me at dan@sfdj.com so I can give you personal instructions on the form, and then get your feedback from it as well.
I will also be asking about all the things you guys would like from this trip when you are not diving, as the Hilton is ready to offer some pretty wild perks for us, and there are many things we can include on this trip...anyway, if you are coming, please email me ( and if you are going to be here for dives before or after the main trip, let me know this as well :)

Any update on this?

Has everyone downloaded the class worksheets? Am I the only one that got Metric only?

Any update on this?

Has everyone downloaded the class worksheets? Am I the only one that got Metric only?

I've got mine. There is an imperial version. At some point in the application process you had to specify, but now when I check the website it only shows imperial under "My files". Not sure how you would go about changing it at this point.:idk:

Jax, I think it's so cool that we'll be taking Fundies and going to Bonaire together!
:cheers:

Any update on this?

The files actually aren't very big. If you can't get it straightened out through GUE, PM me with your email address and I will zip up the files and email them to you. Can't imagine there will be a copyright issue since you already paid for them but just got the wrong set..

Thanks, folks - I don't remember getting a chance to specify imperial or metric, so who knows? But Kate hooked me up with a copy.

That just means I get to practice both systems! :)

I've got mine. There is an imperial version. At some point in the application process you had to specify, but now when I check the website it only shows imperial under "My files". Not sure how you would go about changing it at this point.:idk:

Jax, I think it's so cool that we'll be taking Fundies and going to Bonaire together!
:cheers:

:yeahbaby:

And we can commiserate on how far off Bonaire will be once we're done with 7 days straight diving!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom