GUE Fundie Classes & Amazing dive experiences in Jan & Feb 2011 Ft Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's good to practice both systems -- when we did Cave 1, we had a diver from Norway in the class, so Danny made us alternate metric and Imperial on our dives, so everybody got a chance to work in both.

Computations in the metric system always seem just a ittsy bit like cheating . . . too simple, y'know?

Great video Scott, thanks for sharing:D

I viewed that video again and realized the diver was Randy Jordan, owner of Emerald Charters in Jupiter. Randy has to be considered among the world's best spear-fisherman and is a accomplished tec diver as well, albeit non-DIR. Here is an interesting video with Randy effecting a primary regulator repair at 125ft. Sorry if the spearfishing offends. By the way, the fisheries are heavily regulated in our area...

How long are the boat rides to the dive sites (just need a range). I'm trying to tally up how much Scopace I need ... :vomit:

Also, do they fill tanks on the boat?

Henrik

How long are the boat rides to the dive sites (just need a range). I'm trying to tally up how much Scopace I need ... :vomit:

Also, do they fill tanks on the boat?

Henrik
Most less than 25 minutes..some less than 10 minutes.
Tanks are filled at the shops we use...it will be easy the way this is set up.

Most less than 25 minutes..some less than 10 minutes.

Ooooh, Excellent :) (Henrik sinks back in chair with a sigh of relief ...)

Tanks are filled at the shops we use...it will be easy the way this is set up.

Got it. So we'll head back to the shop between dives for refills or is there room on the boat for say 2 sets of doubles?

Henrik

Ooooh, Excellent :) (Henrik sinks back in chair with a sigh of relief ...)

Got it. So we'll head back to the shop between dives for refills?

Henrik
For the 3 tank dives, yes. One deeper, longer dive on doubles, and then a fill at shop....two 60 to 80 foot dives on same doubles. This differs a bit each day, but we are handling the logistics of it.

For the 3 tank dives, yes. One deeper, longer dive on doubles, and then a fill at shop....two 60 to 80 foot dives on same doubles. This differs a bit each day, but we are handling the logistics of it.

Sounds good. 2 x 60' - 80' I can do on a set of AL80 doubles. 100' ... not enough for sufficient "Rock Bottom" on the second dive.

I'm really excited about this trip (as may be obvious :wink:). I already have my gear spread out all over the basement - getting it all ready.

Henrik

Sounds good. 2 x 60' - 80' I can do on a set of AL80 doubles. 100' ... not enough for sufficient "Rock Bottom" on the second dive.

I'm really excited about this trip (as may be obvious :wink:). I already have my gear spread out all over the basement - getting it all ready.

Henrik

That sounds like the Henrik i know, way ahead of scheudle :D

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom