GUE instructor loyalty, version 2

Same GUE instructor after the first round? Or not?

• I’ve taken my post-DIR-F GUE courses (or additional Fundies) from the same instructor – I am hap

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • My DIR-F instructor didn’t offer the continuing education I wanted - I would have stayed if s/he d

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • I’ve taken my post-DIR-F courses from the same instructor but only because of necessity (eg locat)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I changed instructor after DIR-F but not because of the instructor (eg location, team, courses etc)

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • I changed instructor after DIR-F, not because of dissatisfaction - just wanted something different

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • I continued with different instructor after DIR-F because I would not have wanted to go back

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I have only taken my first DIR-F but would prefer to go back to the same instructor if just possible

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • I’ve only taken my first DIR-F but would rather/surely go to another instructor next time

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Took my fundies with Dan MacKay in Kingston, Ontario. Very happy with how everything was going.
Tech1 is in work and I'll take it with Dan again.
I'd love to do some cave training in Mexico though.

It isn't so much about being loyal to one's instructor or organization for me, it's about being comfortable with the folks that lead you along to where you want your diving to be.

For example, I'm a PADI Divemaster :)06: who let him in this forum? :wink: ) I've had the same PADI instructor since I was an OW student 5 years ago. I'm comfortable with the way he teaches (plus he's DIR), so there was no reason for me to seek additional training through other PADI instructors.

I took my DIR-F from Joe Talavera and Delia Milliron, they're second to none in my opinion. As I began my slow but sure transition into Tech, I came to a crossroads. Continue along the GUE path and take Tech 1 from one of their many talented instructors sometime in the future or crossover into NAUI to follow the local instructors that I am already comfortable with both in and out of the water? I chose the latter and am looking forward to my NAUI Tech 1 class next month with Joe T. and Andrew Georgitsis.

Mel

I took DIR-F with John Walker, Tech 1 with AG and have no complaints. I am thinking of T2 in Florida and Cave 1 Florida . I know Mike Kane and have watched several of his classes. Joe and Delia have my vote too, they are good people. I personally been quite torn by the GUE/NAUI tech dilemma. Sucks to be on the left coast sometimes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom