Guess it. Win it! .... Smartphone Dive Camera & Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Regardless whether this is the function or not, you've hit in a great idea. "Tap for bookmark".

Thanks!

Apparently posting in this thread has also raised my number of likes received. It's THROUGH THE ROOF. Thanks, DiveNav. :p

To continue:

5) Your bluebuddy vibrates when your buddy presses a button on his/her bluebuddy. Gets your attention without making a racket.

6) Your bluebuddy lights up when your buddy presses a button on his/her bluebuddy.

7) The bluebuddy is now some sort of emergency missing-diver-location device as well.

8) The bluebuddy is now random-colour-of-your-choice-buddy. It changes colours faster than a cuttlefish when shaken or tapped hard. It can also squirt ink to confuse a potential predator.

9) It is now a disguised underwater handheld weapon to prevent illegal reef fish collectors from snatching the regulator out of your mouth while you were policing the waters (or after the fact). http://2sb.us/482868

10) It protects the bluebuddy from knocks and shocks when diving, giving divers the alternative option to hold it. Nothing more or less.

okay the kit for 190. The blue buddy clips into the holder and a separate screen connects to the holder. They need to be in proximity to each other since blue tooth range sucks underwater (touching back of screen essentially, hence the holder device. I would imagine it to be used as a digital depth gauge and timer, with possible upgrade to computer in the future, who knows. My prediction though is depth gauge and timer to start. This would fit with with the price tag and would be a killer one at that. Also Divnav has a strong track record of coming through with innovative gear, (not vaporware), I know I need a digital timer to back up my dive computer. Most people who own a blubuddy have a computer already but may not have a backup gauge and timer.

Seems like I just won.

---------- Post added May 16th, 2014 at 01:26 PM ----------

Bottom timer.... all though bottom buddy would be great name it might already be a product, somebody google it and get back to me

Last edited:
5) Your bluebuddy vibrates when your buddy presses a button on his/her bluebuddy. Gets your attention without making a racket.

6) Your bluebuddy lights up when your buddy presses a button on his/her bluebuddy.

7) The bluebuddy is now some sort of emergency missing-diver-location device as well.

8) The bluebuddy is now random-colour-of-your-choice-buddy. It changes colours faster than a cuttlefish when shaken or tapped hard. It can also squirt ink to confuse a potential predator.

9) It is now a disguised underwater handheld weapon to prevent illegal reef fish collectors from snatching the regulator out of your mouth while you were policing the waters (or after the fact). Please wait

10) It protects the bluebuddy from knocks and shocks when diving, giving divers the alternative option to hold it. Nothing more or less.
None of the above.

Here another hint ..... (btw, one of you has already nailed this!)

divenav_smartdivebuddy6.JPG

It's a pivoting attachment and quick releasing mount

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It looks like it is meant to be held like a pistol.

Alternatively..

If the "fingerhold area" isn't actually for fingers, I could think it was meant for inserting a belt of some sort.

Last edited:
a camera tray mount for a Blue Buddy like device.

then software can later be used to tag photos with depth, time, temperature, etc.

or,

a mount to for a Blue Buddy like device that will provide information wirelessly to a smart phone in a housing on the same mount that acts as a dive computer.

Back
Top Bottom