Guess it. Win it! .... Smartphone Dive Camera & Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lol, no R, he has already confirmed it is a bracket for the bluebuddy, it's in one of the posts, sorry, too lazy to go look for it.

He also already mentioned, right after someone suggested it was for the bluebuddy, that it is pretty close to describing what it is for, actually, it's already nailed what it is for (bluebuddy bracket), the missing answer is, how is it used.

damn. I lose. But I'm not going back to all those pictures to take another look......

R..

i was thinking screw holes for a moment now from the black 3d print and you can't route a hose thru it as it stands but..... now i'm thinking bluebuddy bracket like it's be confirmed on that... but the holes are for bungee mounting possibly.

or are we just overthinking this ???? as in it's a stand for holding the bluebuddy upright on your desk etc.... the "holes" can be used for attachment points to the bc but they might just be there to throw us off :wink:

I can't help but think that if a bunch of seasoned divers can't figure out how this thing is used on a dive, then it probably isn't all that useful :)

most of us are NOT engineers, just divers :) although right now i feel like I've been dropped into a scene from Dilbert where the engineers are laughing at us end users

i was thinking screw holes for a moment now from the black 3d print and you can't route a hose thru it as it stands but..... now i'm thinking bluebuddy bracket like it's be confirmed on that... but the holes are for bungee mounting possibly.

or are we just overthinking this ???? as in it's a stand for holding the bluebuddy upright on your desk etc.... the "holes" can be used for attachment points to the bc but they might just be there to throw us off :wink:

The screw holes I think are misleading due to the angle of the picture. In the first model, it's clear that from the right angle the slot could look like holes.

As for a stand at your desk, they've already come out and said it's a device you take with you in the water. They've also already come out and said that it's for use closer to your hands than your feet.

---------- Post added May 15th, 2014 at 04:22 PM ----------

Another option is for an AI electronic device. Route your HP hose through it, into your new toy, and then to your SPG.....or the next DiveBuddy has a screen showing your pressure. Either way, we know those holes are for SOMETHING and the hook is to clip the BlueBuddy (or something similar). I think the holes are for hoses, whether it be fed straight through or they be doubled over and stuffed.

The screw holes I think are misleading due to the angle of the picture. In the first model, it's clear that from the right angle the slot could look like holes.

As for a stand at your desk, they've already come out and said it's a device you take with you in the water. They've also already come out and said that it's for use closer to your hands than your feet.

---------- Post added May 15th, 2014 at 04:22 PM ----------

Another option is for an AI electronic device. Route your HP hose through it, into your new toy, and then to your SPG.....or the next DiveBuddy has a screen showing your pressure. Either way, we know those holes are for SOMETHING and the hook is to clip the BlueBuddy (or something similar). I think the holes are for hoses, whether it be fed straight through or they be doubled over and stuffed.

i say they just tell us now :) winning a piece of plastic won't do most of us any good unless we have already or are going to purchase a buddy in the near future.

---------- Post added May 15th, 2014 at 04:49 PM ----------

most of us are NOT engineers, just divers :) although right now i feel like I've been dropped into a scene from Dilbert where the engineers are laughing at us end users

I didn't want to rip off Deforest Kelley too much which is why i didn't say it the way i wanted to :) and i never really knew his 1st name was Jackson! but then again my cousin Pete doesn't go by his real last name for stage purposes either...

The bluebuddy did not need a mount because it was clipped directly to the BCD and collected data passively. For the bluebuddy to require a mount, it would mean the bluebuddy has been modified to do something different. It can transmit data to phones, but the mount doesn't look like it has space for an additional phone housing.

So I'm just going to make wild guesses.

1) The bluebuddy, when tapped or shaken hard, will emit pings to gather data from its surroundings and record this information together with the time.

2) The bluebuddy can now be synced with another bluebuddy so that a diver's bluebuddy can locate where his/her buddy is.

3) The bluebuddy acts as a dive gauge. Companion screen sold separately.

4) The bluebuddy has an internal compass that will receive pings when pointed towards the boat/shore when programmed just before the dive.

p.s. I am not in it to win the mount, I am in it to solve the mystery!

Regardless whether this is the function or not, you've hit in a great idea. "Tap for bookmark".
The bluebuddy did not need a mount because it was clipped directly to the BCD and collected data passively. For the bluebuddy to require a mount, it would mean the bluebuddy has been modified to do something different. It can transmit data to phones, but the mount doesn't look like it has space for an additional phone housing.

So I'm just going to make wild guesses.

1) The bluebuddy, when tapped or shaken hard, will emit pings to gather data from its surroundings and record this information together with the time.

2) The bluebuddy can now be synced with another bluebuddy so that a diver's bluebuddy can locate where his/her buddy is.

3) The bluebuddy acts as a dive gauge. Companion screen sold separately.

4) The bluebuddy has an internal compass that will receive pings when pointed towards the boat/shore when programmed just before the dive.

p.s. I am not in it to win the mount, I am in it to solve the mystery!

I've got it. The device is designed to generate traffic on the DiveNav website!
Right now is generating traffic on ScubaBoard .... I guess Pete should be happy with it :wink:

---------- Post added May 15th, 2014 at 09:58 PM ----------

I can't help but think that if a bunch of seasoned divers can't figure out how this thing is used on a dive, then it probably isn't all that useful :)
Maybe it is a device for a new generation of divers?

---------- Post added May 15th, 2014 at 10:02 PM ----------

........winning a piece of plastic won't do most of us any good ....
Actually, I forgot to mention that the winner will take home the whole "kit" (bracket + more). Retail price will be ~$190

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom