Guess it. Win it! .... Smartphone Dive Camera & Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

perhaps the bluebuddy is getting a companion screen which shows data gathered by bluebuddy? this device holds the screen.

So far its been confirmed that its a Bluebuddy (TM) holder -- with 99.9% certainty for me.

There are strong hints that there may be a "screen" with information involved -- about 80% confirmation.

Why a screen? Because of those "fingerhold" like holes. If they are fingerholds, its important enough to be on your hand; it has to have data they think you want to see.

What if they aren't fingerholds? (Take into consideration that "Bluebuddy holder" + "screen" were confirmed as "very very very close"!)

Another hint given previously, besides the shape, was that it does something underwater. Ah ha! Err actually all the things I carry on a dive does something underwater... I haven't yet brought an umbrella. :p

Continuing from "Bluebuddy on hand with screen": why is the Bluebuddy now considered important enough to be worn on your hand? Is there extra information it might have? Do they want the Bluebuddy to play a different role? Instead of passively collecting dive data to be downloaded on land, they want it to do something else?

My second guess was wireless air integration. Some others said other things which haven't been confirmed.

Keep guessing! :p

I understand the bluebuddy is some sort of data collecting device...

If a screen is added to it, I guess it would now become more like a computer?

And if that's the case, why on earth (or underwater) would you be carrying it on your hand?

So far its been confirmed that its a Bluebuddy (TM) holder -- with 99.9% certainty for me.

There are strong hints that there may be a "screen" with information involved -- about 80% confirmation.

Why a screen? Because of those "fingerhold" like holes. If they are fingerholds, its important enough to be on your hand; it has to have data they think you want to see.

What if they aren't fingerholds? (Take into consideration that "Bluebuddy holder" + "screen" were confirmed as "very very very close"!)

Another hint given previously, besides the shape, was that it does something underwater. Ah ha! Err actually all the things I carry on a dive does something underwater... I haven't yet brought an umbrella. :p

Continuing from "Bluebuddy on hand with screen": why is the Bluebuddy now considered important enough to be worn on your hand? Is there extra information it might have? Do they want the Bluebuddy to play a different role? Instead of passively collecting dive data to be downloaded on land, they want it to do something else?

My second guess was wireless air integration. Some others said other things which haven't been confirmed.

Keep guessing! :p

Wireless air integration to the buddy would be nice, but not sure how this holder would play a part in it directly. The buddy currently provides "after the fact" data, so if we are really close considering the buddy, then the most logical next step is providing "real time" data. That's why my guess is a companion screen.

I understand the bluebuddy is some sort of data collecting device...

If a screen is added to it, I guess it would now become more like a computer?

And if that's the case, why on earth (or underwater) would you be carrying it on your hand?

If it used a phone with a camera for the screen it would make sense to mount it to your hand.

Here a small hint ....

divenav_sdb_brkt_ws2.jpg

---------- Post added May 13th, 2014 at 08:40 AM ----------

A 3D cad drawing ...
Actually it is more than just a 3D cad drawing as we have now physical samples :wink:

Any update if this contest is over?

---------- Post added May 13th, 2014 at 08:23 PM ----------

Ah the tech buddy version. The blubuddy or tech buddy clip in the back side by the quarter and the screen for the new computer interfaces with the "finger holes"

Any update if this contest is over?.....
The contest is not over as we do not have a winner yet .... but some of you is getting extremely close ... s/he just need to clarify better how the product will be used :cool2:

It is a bluebuddy hand mount so that the dive profile of the bluebuddy is aligned with the dive profile of the dive computer that the diver is wearing on his/her wrist.

.....Ah the tech buddy version. The blubuddy or tech buddy clip in the back side by the quarter and the screen for the new computer interfaces with the "finger holes"
Nope.

---------- Post added May 14th, 2014 at 06:38 PM ----------

It is a bluebuddy hand mount so that the dive profile of the bluebuddy is aligned with the dive profile of the dive computer that the diver is wearing on his/her wrist.
Nope.

Back
Top Bottom