Guinness Record breaker at Gilboa Quarry July 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I recall correctly you had those freakish rabbit ears on...which is borderline out of my comfort zone especially when Halloween was ~4 months before.

Unless you like to play dress up, that is a whole nother story. :popcorn:

It makes me SO much easier to recognize! I'll have both the surface ears and the underwater ears at the Guinness Event, they are so much easier to see in a crowd than my name tag :wink:

Anyone who sees the ears gets a Scubaboard sticker at the event!
Ber :lilbunny:

Ohh wow, a scubaboard sticker...just what I want to proudly display... I'll put my in the first porta-potty at Haigh...right next to the opening for men to urinate into.

Hey Ber

Is there going to be some sort of "official" scubaboard get together that weekend? It would be great to meet some other scubaboard people. We have about 30 people going down from our dive club.

Hey Ber

Is there going to be some sort of "official" scubaboard get together that weekend? It would be great to meet some other scubaboard people. We have about 30 people going down from our dive club.

I think I know how we can make that happen :D Have anything specific in mind?

It makes me SO much easier to recognize! I'll have both the surface ears and the underwater ears at the Guinness Event, they are so much easier to see in a crowd than my name tag :wink:
And the absurd amounts of neon color you used to have on your dive gear is hard to miss?

Unless of course things have changed...

And the absurd amounts of neon color you used to have on your dive gear is hard to miss?

Unless of course things have changed...

Oh yes, things have changed :D I had to remove the obnoxious colors to look like a normal person for the Gilboa video and I never put them back on. To make matters worse I practically MATCH now with mostly blue and yellow :shocked2: **slapping T as he lays on the floor after fainting--"You OK?"**

I even took an Intro to Tech class in my double 100's and long hose :D I'm still hard to miss though :rofl3:

You've missed quite a lot :rofl3:

Ber Rabbit:
I had to remove the obnoxious colors to look like a normal person for the Gilboa video and I never put them back on.
completely unacceptable...I'm not exactly sure how to react...I'm not even sure they make enough beer for me to cope with this tragedy. Wow is all I have to say

gtxl1200:
Holy Crap Back from the Dead!! We were just talking about you at the fall MeetnGreet
I'm not dead...just was busy...and I'm not exactly sure why people would talk about me, it can't be good

BTW..Happy New Year Everyone !!

So to catch everyone up, and to make a long story short here's a quick history of the last 2 year for me:
I started traveling for work in 06...spent over 100 days on the road total. Wife mentioned something about wanting me home more since we had 2 toddlers (who are now 5 & 6). I got a new job in June of 2007. The kids started getting into sports, and I started doing real work for a while and at the same time, my wife was working in the evenings, so when I wasn't at work I was home / out with the kids. Earl this summer, my wife decided to stop working and I started coaching a club swim team now that I don't travel. The one had nothing to do with the other...it was just one of those things that happened.

Monday (12 Jan) I start a new job, so for the last few months I have been interviewing / resume blasting / whatever since the outlook where I currently am is pretty bleak.

This week, I am at work and am bored since I have nothing to do and I refuse to take my personal time just b/c that gets paid out upon my departure, so I'm playing on the internet.

Alright...that's it in a nutshell. I don't expect to be back in the water any time soon, as the kids are at that age where they are a lot of fun to hang out with and play with...plus there's that whole swim coach commitment thing, and the kids games thing I have to be a parent at. However, I am hoping to try to keep in touch a little better than I have been over the last few years.

One new hobby I picked up was photography...why...I have no idea, but I now have too much $$$ invested in glass and a camera body to warrant new diving equipment...of course when I get back into diving (the water and wrecks aren't going anywhere, and my kids aren't old enough to dive with me yet) I'll likely have to buy a housing for my camera after I figure out how to dive again

I think I know how we can make that happen :D Have anything specific in mind?

We could set up a time to meet for a couple of "beverages":D and swap lies!

We could set up a time to meet for a couple of "beverages":D and swap lies!

That would be a fun time, we'll see what we can work out :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom