"Gurgle splock bubble bubble" from riktiktavi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RikTikTavi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
HELP! Aaaaaaiiiiiiii, my skin is drying out and I still have 2 more months before I can rehydrate in Grand Cayman. <SPLASH> Thanks, I needed that.

Hi all (he said in a slightly more rational tone)! I'm a born again diver currently living in Michigan. I say born again because I was certified in '75, but was soon relocated to Guatemala and had to give it up for a time. I felt it was just a bit too risky to locate new dive buddies, dive in unknown waters where the natives felt uncomfortable with 'frogmen' diving in their drinking water (I promised not to pee), and had to mix my own air from a local welding gas supplier. Ahhh, yes, things have changed. After some traveling, a bad experience in college, becoming an adult (OK, physically at least), I came back to Michigan and settled down. I was recertified - started from scratch again as things have drastically changed, and started to live again.

I've become enamoured of the Carribean and try to spend as much of my vacation time/money there. It helps that my wife also dives. It only took me 10 years to convince her to get her hair wet, but we made it and now she is a better diver than I am.

Thank you to everyone who participates on this board, as it is the finest one out here in cyberspace (the place that I live when I'm not in the water).

Welcome to the ScubaBoard! Welcome back to the underwater world!!!

Hello matey from merry old england

Its true what they say
There are old divers
There are bold divers
But there are no old bold divers

Welcome to :sblogo:
:wave-smil :wave-smil
:chicken:

I love your screen name -- It's one of my all-time favorite stories.

Welcome back to the ranks of the nitrogen-addicted!

What does a mongoose do in Mi, or Guatemala for that matter?

All the guys here at Scubatoys.com would like to welcome you to Scubaboard. We've been ScubaBoard members for years now, and find it's a great place for divers to learn and share ideas. And we would like to share some pretty cool dive table software with you! To help you learn! Or just wanting to practice tables…

Free Dive Table Software!

Whether you are a new diver just trying to master the academic portion of your class, or a seasoned diver that has been using computers so long, you don't remember how to do dive table problems, we have a piece of software for you. The Computerized Table Tutor is a program that will run you through millions of dive table problems, show the tables right on your screen, and give you multiple choice questions. It also answers each one with easy to understand explanations and draws the answers out right on the table, and in a dive profile.

Thanks

Joe & Larry

Howdy and welcome to SB!

It does help with discussions if you complete your Profile. And it's even more fun when you load an Avatar (personal pic for each post) and a Profile pic. See UserCP to access these if you'd like to...? :wink:

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: and be careful about posting Replies without reading the Stickies for each forum. Click the link in my Sig below to PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

Welcome to the board! There are a lot of local Michigan, Ohio and Indiana divers who dive the Great Lakes and local quarries. If you're game there will be a New Year's Day dive at Gilboa Quarry near Findlay, OH. I'll bring along my tent and Notsoken is bringing along a heater so we can be toasty on the surface intervals.
Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom