H bellows pockets outside flap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the most recent version has the outside flap closed with a zipper rather than velcro.

I would rather have velcro than a zipper. I wonder how good it will open/close after some salt water diving?

I would rather have velcro than a zipper. I wonder how good it will open/close after some salt water diving?

As well, I like to open the flap straight up without having to think about finding the zipper. Just rip 'em open.

In my left mini-pocket, I keep the cookies/arrows I intend to use during the dive, while the right one has a double ender and and arrow/cookie for emergency use. Of course, I keep a little strip of bungie with cookies and arrows in it in my pocket clipped off, as well.

Perrone, Dean Marshall taught in Tech 1 that it is a good idea to have a backup depth measuring device/timer bungied to the right wrist.

Randy43068:
Check the GUE website. They now indicate what is standard for each pocket. Probably not a big deal, however.
Correct -- I took that to mean that they were standardizing what's in the main pocket; I didn't see anything about any extra pockets. I believe I will do my best to standardize these smaller pockets as well -- utility on the left and safety/backup on the right.

As well, I like to open the flap straight up without having to think about finding the zipper. Just rip 'em open.
Note that access to the main pocket is velcro, just like most other bellows pockets. I'm talking specifically about the little zipper compartment that's put into the flap. It's a small extra storage space, complete with bungee loops already sewn in.
If you look here you can see the zipper pocket on the flap. Hope that makes more sense.

See above -- I didn't explain that as well as I could have in my original post.

Whoops, I missed his comment about "official view". My apologies.

How it was asked doesn't matter. You are posting in the Practioners Zone. If you are answering a question about DIR it better be the DIR answer. Next time we will just delete the post. If it continues, you get the boot. Perrone, this isn't meant to be directed at you personally, just want to make sure everyone understand the ground rules. If you want to talk about stuff on the edges of DIR, use the regular DIR forum. If you want to talk about indpendent doubles and stuffing the long hose, try the tech forum.

I agree. ATG (According To George) zippers have no place on a pocket and with my own experience with zippers I agree 100%.

I would chalk this one up in the "Just because Halcyon made it doesn't make it DIR" category.

If you cut out the d-ring from the DUI pockets, do you just loops some bungies through each side of the top of the pocket where the holes with the eyelets are? I tried that at first and couldn't figure out what to do with the d-ring. Thoughts?

If you cut out the d-ring from the DUI pockets, do you just loops some bungies through each side of the top of the pocket where the holes with the eyelets are? I tried that at first and couldn't figure out what to do with the d-ring. Thoughts?

Basically Yes.

HTH

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom