H bellows pockets outside flap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would rather have velcro than a zipper. I wonder how good it will open/close after some salt water diving?

I have a pair of these on both left and right side of my latest TLS350. I've got about 80 salt water dives on them over the past 6 months ... so far no problems with the pockets (wish I could say the same for the TLS350 :( )

To be clear, velcro is still used to secure the flap to the main bellow pocket. A feature of these pockets, is that the flap itself contains a medium sized pocket compartment mounted on the outside. It contains a couple of thin bungee loops and is big enough to easily hold a couple spare spools ... but mostly handy for isolating smaller items from the rest of the main pocket contents. The only thing I put in them currently are spare double enders (left side).

The zipper pulls for these outer flap compartments are on the smaller side ... which could a be an issue for some who dive with dry gloves.

How do you guys keep your wet notes easy to access and replace with a mask in the same pocket? I tried to keep my b/u mask in my right pocket but I found it mostly in the way when trying to get my wet notes in and out. Currently I keep wet notes and shears in my right pocket only - with mask (safety item and therefore should be in right), spool, smb, spare double enders in my left. The mask still creates problems in my left pocket I just don't get into it as much. I had a thought of adding a flat pocket slightly to the inside of my right thigh or perhaps to the outside of my right pocket to hold just the wet notes. I am not sure how un-DIR an additional pocket might be especially if it's on the front inside of the thigh. Thoughts? If another pocket isn't the answer then what else do you guys suggest.

I realize this question isn't really about the Halcyon pockets. My pockets are not Halcyon, but since we were talking about pockets I didn't think it would be too much of a hijack. Thanks.

Hunter

Buy H pockets!

Jk

I found that the issue comes from the mask skirt and strap getting folded in wierd ways and blocking the path of the wetnotes. To mitigate this, I made a loop of thin bungee to hold the skirt and strap down. It wrapped around the mask between the "eyes" and just beside the nose pocket.

Pretty effective, and, once again, it was kosher for Tech 1. It solves a few problems and doesn't cause any others.

And it helps to stack the contents of your pocket. I put my saftey spool on the inside glass of the mask, and slip that little package in with the glass toward my leg.

Best,
AJ

I just keep my wetnotes to the inside of the spare mask (so they're against my thigh). When I reach into the pocket, I feel for the "inside" boltsnap and pull it out. So far, the mask hasn't come out with the wetnotes.

I think there are a couple of pockets that are actually divided inside, into a larger compartment and a thin one for wetnotes, but that's not the kind I have.

The H pockets have an inside divider -- whenever these things get on my drysuit, my wetnotes will go inside that divider. They will fit nicely right against my thigh.

Kind of hard to tell from the picture, but my wetnotes are inside the divider pocket.
normal_pockets5.jpg

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom