Haigh Quarry Saturday May 23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:)

I think I've been about 5 times in 7 years going there. It's actually extremely boring...only good for two things: dive training and for those who need to go deep to enjoy diving.

I was just there this past weekend for my deep dive for AOW and agreed, not much to do there and it was really cold. Very happy to get to 50 feet and feel like I was in bath water (even though it was about 46 degrees). So I can agree that there is little need to go there frequently but you don't seem like the type of guy to get nervous about the deep hole in Haigh. I could be wrong as I dont know you but just seems like a funny comment.

I will not be doing the deep hole at 8 am though. I will take my time and just wait so our group can take a leisurely swim around the flamingo and then see where we end up. Maybe we will find the truck this time. I still have not seen it.

I think he's nervous because he's dived with me before. :D It's either "Oh crap, this guy is MY dive buddy?" or "Oh crap, I'm supposed to help THIS guy if he gets into trouble?" And here I THOUGHT I was hiding my ineptitude so well! :shakehead:

After today, I'm sure it will be a balmy 72!

I'm nervous because I might run out of gas... :)

Actually it would be nice to do a 'LEISURELY' paced dive...as in not going 5mph. Plus I'm going to have my compass...look out now..getting serious.

Wow - you'll do anything to avoid me!!! :D Too bad. I'll still be there at 2:00

I will still be around the quarry at 2. I will probably stay until 4 or so. See you all on Saturday!

Oh, Rob, can you ask Joe to have his extra weights with him. It looks like I will be SOL by my order that I placed. The weights are still not in and I am getting a little angry. But angry wont let me sink in a 7 mil wetsuit so I need to borrow some.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom