Haigh's temps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just make sure you have suitable undergarments perferable weezle, we had a couple last weekend that could only dive once. I'd dive several times in my new whites Polar Flex but will see.

do it easy:
A few of us are meeting on Saturday at 8. Bring some firewood if you have any.

See ya

Gerry

Just make sure you have suitable undergarments perferable weezle

Any good online sources for Weezle you can recommend?

I will be doing my drysuit cert dives at Haigh April 2nd and diving a BARE XCD2 Tech, a 2mm hyper-compressed neoprene suit. Currently, I have the T100 and will layer with the fleece undergarments that came with the suit. I guess I will know if this is suitable in a couple weekends...

OK, Erich, Artek, and I just finished up some fun dives at Haigh today. Temps are right around 40f. Vis near the south dock is 15'-20' and it gets worse as you head west (towards the larc and truck). We didn't go to the north side, so I don't know what the conditions are like out there.

The deep hole is exceptionally clear and bright. It's brighter in there at 80' then other places at 40'. Vis in there was 20' to 25'!! I didn't pay attention to the temp in the hole, but I don't recall a distinct thermocline.

The larc looks like it is covered in a fuzzy neon green shag carpet from the algae. We saw a paddle fish around 40' near the wall south of the deep hole. There are also muskies in the water. I'm not an ichthyologist, but I did see some unfamiliar fish hanging around the water cooler.

Anyhow, enjoy the dives on Sunday.

do it easy:
OK, Erich, Artek, and I just finished up some fun dives at Haigh today. Temps are right around 40f. Vis near the south dock is 15'-20' and it gets worse as you head west (towards the larc and truck). We didn't go to the north side, so I don't know what the conditions are like out there.

The deep hole is exceptionally clear and bright. It's brighter in there at 80' then other places at 40'. Vis in there was 20' to 25'!! I didn't pay attention to the temp in the hole, but I don't recall a distinct thermocline.

The larc looks like it is covered in a fuzzy neon green shag carpet from the algae. We saw a paddle fish around 40' near the wall south of the deep hole. There are also muskies in the water. I'm not an ichthyologist, but I did see some unfamiliar fish hanging around the water cooler.

Anyhow, enjoy the dives on Sunday.

Thanks for the report! We are all ready to rock tomorrow! :D

Dean810:
Thanks for the report! We are all ready to rock tomorrow! :D

Don't forget the firewood! I picked up a bundle at the BP station on 50? It's on the east side of the road, just past the big strip mall. We realized today that when it comes to firewood, more is more!

Did my first dive of the year today with RiverRat, and had a great time! As far as temps went, I think it actually hit 40°, although RiverRat probably has better stats than I. RiverRat's weezle wear and my DUI thinsulate lite loft was fine on the dive, but I was cold when I came out of the water on the second dive. Two dives was enough for today!

Of coarse, I was in excellent form. Jumped in the first time and couldn't decend. RiverRat and I got into a heated discussion over how much weight was enough for me. I assured him that what I had on was plenty...until I realized I left my weight belt back at the car...

Fixed that problem and thought I would show off my navigation skills. Missed the Flamingo by about 50 yards I guess. I think I got a little confused with the compass. Now, that has never happened to me before, except 2 or 3 times with members of this board last year. Doh! But I had a great time and managed to hang at 20ft without shooting to the surface!

Second dive went much better, except my weight belt, that I had made the mistake of adjusting the weights on, started slipping off my sorry butt! Started that dive over too. This time we navigated to the Flamingo and the LARC and hit both of them dead on! Woo Hoo!

Now I am ready for the season!! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom