Halcyon Eclipse wing shell repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had the same thing happen to a horsecollar BC. Same material and tear type, too much unraveling to sew back. The problem with a sew job is you'll need to gather the material in more and it'll be a very noticeable blem; that and most home needles will poke "big" holes which the material will just unravel and tear at again.

If warranty doesn't cover it I would use Aqua Seal. Take out the bladder and seal the inside of the outer cover, it'll keep the blem looking better. Wear gloves and work on a large sheet of wax paper, otherwise you'll regret the cleanup.

Hi Divad
No DIR dive systems on this one. Halcyon Australia have replied to my email and sounds like they are sending a replacement. I will update if/when it arrives.

The wing outer shell was replaced with the latest model. Great service from Halcyon and the H tax was worth it in this case.

I've had mixed experiences with Halcyon. I had a single tank wing start leaking, I sent Halcyon an e-mail Extreme Exposure hit me up on a forum told me to send it in if I thought it was an issue that I couldn't repair myself, and that as long as the bladder wasn't damaged by a pinch flat, they're repair it.

I sent Halcyon an e-mail a couple weeks ago about an older Scout light that had the rubber lens cover fall off and disappear unbeknownst to me. I wanted to know if I could buy just the rubber surround since the lens was still good. Never got a reply. Didn't get a reply about purchasing LP50 bands for an RB80 rack either. Ended up buying a whole new lens. At least it was cheap at $15.

Their product is good, but their customer service e-mail is a black hole apparently.

I've had mixed experiences with Halcyon. I had a single tank wing start leaking, I sent Halcyon an e-mail Extreme Exposure hit me up on a forum told me to send it in if I thought it was an issue that I couldn't repair myself, and that as long as the bladder wasn't damaged by a pinch flat, they're repair it.

I sent Halcyon an e-mail a couple weeks ago about an older Scout light that had the rubber lens cover fall off and disappear unbeknownst to me. I wanted to know if I could buy just the rubber surround since the lens was still good. Never got a reply. Didn't get a reply about purchasing LP50 bands for an RB80 rack either. Ended up buying a whole new lens. At least it was cheap at $15.

Their product is good, but their customer service e-mail is a black hole apparently.
Who are you emailing? I’m diving with one of the folks in management on Saturday and I’ll let them know this is happening.

Who are you emailing? I’m diving with one of the folks in management on Saturday and I’ll let them know this is happening.

Probably the contact page on the Halcyon site? I don't remember. It's not a big deal, I was able to find what I needed on the EE website so it's all good. Although I definitely sent an e-mail to the EE info@ website asking if they knew where I could source a Life Raft, and I didn't even get a "kick rocks" back....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom