Halcyon H75P + Halo (weird?) cranking effort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check your lever height. The lever should be up against the diaphragm cover with no preload or just ever so lightly lower. Make sure the balance chamber O-rings are lubed with grease, lightly of course. Set the regulator to just barely begin to flow with the knob all the way out or on the verge of doing so. Then turn the knob in 1 turn and give it a try.

You need a Magnehelic, you should be able to get one on the eBay or similar, they are not that expensive and really are a MUST have!

James
This is really usefull. Many thanks. I'd like to get a Magnehelic.... I guess it shoulnd't be hard to find it in Spain (or Europe).... in two weeks I"ll travel to Denver... maybe I can find some over there.

Check your lever height. The lever should be up against the diaphragm cover with no preload or just ever so lightly lower. Make sure the balance chamber O-rings are lubed with grease, lightly of course. Set the regulator to just barely begin to flow with the knob all the way out or on the verge of doing so. Then turn the knob in 1 turn and give it a try.

You need a Magnehelic, you should be able to get one on the eBay or similar, they are not that expensive and really are a MUST have!

James

Having re-read this (in European timezone) I've realize that, apart of the need of a Magnehelic device, I've done something different. In short I've tune the orifice until I've stopped listening gas flow (good point in this instructions advising using water to check free flow) and, after trying regs on water and observing free flow easily, I readjusted to reduce sensibility..... I've just realized reading this I was "killing" the VIVA.

In the meantime I get a Magnehelic and learn how to use it, I'll fine-tune my regs again to "recover" their VIVA and use the water bowl approach to check effort.

g250v-feels-like-it-has-2-stages-during-the-inhale-with-reg-in-either-pre-dive-or-dive-mode.623877

Your service tech needs to take a look or you if you have the ability check and readjust per the manual. And to do so you will need the ability to check the cracking effort using a Magnehelic or manometer. Otherwise you are not going to get a good result.

James
yep, 2 of mine are doing a very similar thing. I cleaned the inside of the diagram on one especially the low friction disk, and it seems a lot less noticeable. I still need to pull them apart and lubricate everything.

SP regs come from the factory just absolutely slathered in lube and exhibit the same kind of "2 stage breathing" that you're talking about.

Check to see if maybe you have excessive lubrication, especially at any places that see movement.

SP regs come from the factory just absolutely slathered in lube and exhibit the same kind of "2 stage breathing" that you're talking about.

Check to see if maybe you have excessive lubrication, especially at any places that see movement.
When lubricating the o-rings I usually put an small amount of lube in one finger and "pinch" the o-ring with my fingers, so no much lube.

After a visit to USA I finally got my Magnehelic and used it to try fine tun8ng my regs..... and that's the best (so far) I've got by adjusting the orifice and knob full opened:

This is the main reg, which is easier to breath from:

And this is the aux one, which it's a little harder and I think I need to redo:

Back
Top Bottom