Halcyon Recall (SS Inflator)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

onfloat:
Mine was working great until I last night. I have about 15 dives on it. Now it's acting up.

I'm at about 15 myself....what happened to yours?...

Well, on the surface it started to slowly fill my wing. I noticed it as I was floating and I could hear my wing burping. I pushed the button quickly and it stopped for a bit and started doing it again. I pulled it apart looked at the o-rings and noticed a couple of nicks on one and not much lubrication. I replaced the o-rings and lubricated generously. It worked fine on my dive on Sunday. Hopefully, it will last until I can get it replaced.

Just last week.

Send it in!!! They are recalling all of them.

It will probably be about 2 weeks before you'll be able to get the replacement, though.

I got an Eclipse back in November. Had it stick once after a shore dive, so I though it was due to salt, sand, etc. Other than that it has been perfect for I guess about 40 dives.

Until Saturday in a fresh water quarry when mine officially joined the 2% club!

Funny how everyone's inflator was working fine until they announced the recall!!!

Mine just went bye bye on Saturday too!!

The word I received this AM from the LDS is that they MIGHT receive the replacements this week, but next week sounds more reasonable. Sounds like there's still some confusion between H and the LDS. Anyone heard anything more definitive?

Does anyone yet have any feed back on how either Halcyon or their dealership is handling the recall? Is it be conducted efficiently and are users getting the response the seek?

Any news/updates appreciated.

Cheers,

I've heard about 2 weeks from everyone.

Local LDS, Extreme Exposure, and 5th D.

And no one seems to have the older inflators, the ones that look like the defective ones, but with the plastic buttons. Anyone know where to get them?

All anyone has is the old ones with the inflator button on the opposite side.

grunzster:
I've heard about 2 weeks from everyone.
Reminds me of my favourite line out of "O Brother Where Art Thou"...

"Well aint this place just a geographical oddity... two weeks from everywhere!"

I just spoke with Halcyon last week as I'm sending mine directly to them. The dive shop where I purchased my Eclipse wing is an idiot and wasn't even aware of the recall. I was told it would be about 2 weeks before a replacement arrives. Basically, give them a credit card number, they will issue a RMA number and send you the new one. They will only bill you card if you fail to send it you inflator.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom