Halcyon sueing OxyCheq, US Divers and others?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GDI:
Hey are they Doing it right?

Okay.. I have bene looking at getting into a BP/wings setup. I found a great shop in VA that carries Halcyon, OMS, Zeagle and more. They basically said they Zeagle BP is overpriced and not that great and the OMS/Abyss is designed more for NE wrecks than anything else.
So here's the rub, they were going to let me rent a Halcyon setup for a weeke in Cozumel and then if I decide to buy deduct the rental cost from the retails. Seems like a good deal but now I am having some second thoughts about Halcyon, well actually second thoughts are making a third trip...
The reason I like Halcyon is that Icould everythgin I wanted in one package. I honestly don't think I like the OMS stuff so I am kind of stuck...
If I were to put it togerther from bits and got a Fred T plate, where would I get the wing, harness, inflator from?

I sent Gator a request for the PDF, and if he sends it over I'll put it up on my webserver and give you guys a link.

Have you looked at Oxycheq yet? Thats one stop shopping as well. www.oxycheq.com --> Angel in white...

DCDivenut:
Okay.. I have bene looking at getting into a BP/wings setup. I found a great shop in VA that carries Halcyon, OMS, Zeagle and more. They basically said they Zeagle BP is overpriced and not that great and the OMS/Abyss is designed more for NE wrecks than anything else.
So here's the rub, they were going to let me rent a Halcyon setup for a weeke in Cozumel and then if I decide to buy deduct the rental cost from the retails. Seems like a good deal but now I am having some second thoughts about Halcyon, well actually second thoughts are making a third trip...
The reason I like Halcyon is that Icould everythgin I wanted in one package. I honestly don't think I like the OMS stuff so I am kind of stuck...
If I were to put it togerther from bits and got a Fred T plate, where would I get the wing, harness, inflator from?

FredT will sell you the harness along with the plate, COVCI will sell you the Oxycheq wing (which comes with an inflator).

COVCI will also sell you a complete Oxycheq package for $35 less than you'll pay for a complete Halcyon setup.

Interesting. I think weight pockets and trim weights have been around long before Halcyon started making them.

However, Halcyon certainly does have a legitimate complaint against OMS. The new OMS wing looks like an exact copy of the Pioneer. I'm not familiar with OxyCheq products so, I don't know if they are really copying Halcycon gear or not. I have seen a few pictures of their wings online, and the single tank wings do look similiar to the Pioneer.

I dont' see any need to boycott Halcyon as we don't know enough details concerning the suit. For all we know, their claim may be justified.

Regardless, I'll keep buying their products until something better is made.

I've found it to be true that there are generally two sides to every story.

Before leaping to conclusions, why don't we see what develops?

It may be that there is some validity to some of the claims.

Do any of you have any irrefutable evidence to the contrary?

mempilot:
The only picture I have of Europeans are the one's imprinted in my mind from meeting them on my travels. Some are good, some are bad, but mostly good. Monk, if you've been to America and spent a reasonably amount of time here, then feel free to judge. If not, don't rely on the press to give you an accurate portrayal of what Americans are like. Some are good, some are bad, but mostly good. :)

As for being a sue happy country, the US kicks out more patents than all other countries combined. There's bound to be copyright and patent infringment in a capitalistic society.

Who cares who is suing who, unless you own one of these tiny companies. Competition breeds superior products.

Agree with you. I've been to States but I can't tell if I've spent enough time to catch everything. My point was (as I wrote) that I was probably a victim of prejudice about US as many Europeans.

MikeS:
You're right, they should follow the Croation model; kill as many divers wearing OMS gear as they can untill the UN Peace Keepers show up. No offense. :sappy:

A glass of black humor is always welcomed. :coke:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom