Halycon BC, wings and harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funny, I didn't think the people replying to his postings were the ones with the attitude... :rolleyes:

UP - got a homework assignment for you - recruit a new scubaboard member to replace the one you just broke!

Originally posted by Uncle Pug
Shoot... I'm sorry everybody... :warhammer

the number of Scuba Boarders just plummeted to 4367...

;-0

Fuggit Pug, folks need to be able to take direct comments. How you think he would fare on the techdiver mailing list?

I kinda liked the guy, felt we could help him out but hey, you did no wrong, he's just thin-skinned today. He'll be back I think.

Tom

Uncle Pug.......

Hee hee hee

You crack me up..................

Nope.
Last night I took all of the postings, good, bad and indifferant, and grabbed my Halcyon rig, called the DIR LDS and made an appointment to get down there - and in the meantime, began adjusting the harness tighter.

I returned the BC, as I already began to run into probelms on how/where I would someday mount accessories, like say, extra bottles, etc. on my BC.

Seems my BC isn't really supportive of the way I want to use the long hose (5 ft) for OW diving.

So, a 'gut feeling' says dump the BC and get the BP and wings to work.

If 99% of your tech guys are diving BP's and wings, you must know something that I have not yet realized, nor experienced, due to my lack of experience.

Well guys, in some ways, all the hammering and pounding (even if it wasn't fun to endure), amde me stop and think - about:

What do your want this system to do for you in diving?

Will your system support your diving if you ARE diving in 1,2 or 3 years from now.

Will your system support 'growth' or additions of equipment.

Will your system support the long hose style.

Whats your 'gut feeling' saying to you?

Mine says - keep the BP and dump the BC now - and no second guessing.

Get some experienced DIR LDS to help and give them your future business in exchange for their time and help.

Thanks guys...

Onwards Christian Soldiers!

ARHG!!!!!! My head is starting to hurt!!!
I feel like I am on a rollercoaster!

Atleast you finally made up your mind. I was about to suggest a horsecollar BC, or bleach bottles!

Unclepug you are too funny and I bet it would be fun to dive with you. Just for the record I love my BP/wings all 4 dives with it.

Back
Top Bottom