halycon VS Light monkey P Valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I ended up going with the LM. NESS is Local and I wanted to by it there, they had it in stock.

So far, so good. Easy install and worked great on the first few dives.

Noticed mention of using alcohol and vinegar to flush valves.

I used the Light Monkey Tinkle valve, and it worked well for many dives, but mine failed after I flushed it after a number of dives with a 50:50 mix of rubbing alcohol and vinegar. The mixture visibly puckered the mushroom valve and seemed to cause the duckbill valve to leak.

I'm not absolutely certain that the mixture caused the failures but both failures happened at the same time which makes me suspicious.

LM customer support is great and then sent me replacement parts quickly.

I have refrained from this mixture and am using a little vinegar in water or fresh water alone to flush. We'll see what happens.

Mine is leaking....bad - after 3 uses. Im not sure where yet - but I have to call LM. I know that some fluid makes it out and some leaks somewhere near the connection between the hose and valve itself (not at the condom connection and not at the quick connect connection).....very frustrating..

Take it apart. The LM valves are notorious for having small particulate from the manufacturing process in them. I know a few who had pieces of delrin holding the flap open.

My personal one, worked maybe 30% of the time with a new flapper and the delrin remnants removed.

Sadly Ive yet to remove it

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom