Hamilton Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

possem

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello I am looking for some people in the Hamilton area to dive with. I would like to get some Monday and Wednesday night diving going. I am willing to bubble around pretty much anywhere from 10' to 130'. Maybe if there is a normal run to the Chip (welland river) on one of these nights.

I am also interested in diving the lift bridge area and possible out in front of Hutch's. I know the water is shallow but just to look around. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
My buddy and I have been doing one dive a week in the evenings (Tues. and Thursday). We are planning to go Sherkston in a couple of weeks. We did the Morrision shore dive in Barrie last week and Innerkip two weeks ago. Probably not diving this week because we are going to Picton this weekend. e-mail me with your e-mail address and I will let you know if we are doing anything else in the next few weeks.

Hi

I live in PA but all my family live in the Hamilton/Burlington area. I plan to visit on a regular basis and bring my CCR along. So I would be willing to do some divng. Send me a pm and we can exchange email address and cell numbers so that when I am coming up we can make arrangements to dive.

John

38 people take a look and not one even says "HI"
Hi.
I'd hazard a guess that you're on the wrong board.
This forum is dead since couple of years. Pretty much since Ontariodiving came to life.

Hi.
I'd hazard a guess that you're on the wrong board.

No he is in the right place. OD is a Kingston centric place which is to be expected since it is owned/operated by a Kingston dive shop.

Possem

Have you considered joining a local club? That's probably a great way to meet local divers.

There is The Niagara Divers association The Niagara Divers' Association
and Durham Divers Durham Divers Scuba Club
and Aqua Knights of Hamilton Aqua Knights of Hamilton - Scuba Club
There is also SWODA from London SWODA | Providing great dive experiences for over 20 years

No he is in the right place. OD is a Kingston centric place which is to be expected since it is owned/operated by a Kingston dive shop.

Possem

Have you considered joining a local club? That's probably a great way to meet local divers.

There is The Niagara Divers association The Niagara Divers' Association
and Durham Divers Durham Divers Scuba Club
and Aqua Knights of Hamilton Aqua Knights of Hamilton - Scuba Club
There is also SWODA from London SWODA | Providing great dive experiences for over 20 years
No, you're wrong. Your statement is either based on not visiting OD or not knowing what you're talking about. I'd rather not guess about other possible explanations for your statement. :no

While OD is owned by NTD, a Kingston Dive Shop. It is staying rather in the background which is contrary to other dive shop owned boards.
the moderators come from all over Ontario and there are areas for everyone who wishes to have a section on the board.
Even the Free Flow Divers from St. Catharines have their own section on it. Only this should disprove your statement. :)

The only requirement to join OD which is a no-alias board, is that your login name should be your name or a derivate of it. It cuts tremendously on the BS when people can't hide behind aliases. :eyebrow:

No, you're wrong. Your statement is either based on not visiting OD or not knowing what you're talking about. I'd rather not guess about other possible explanations for your statement. :no

While OD is owned by NTD, a Kingston Dive Shop. It is staying rather in the background which is contrary to other dive shop owned boards.
the moderators come from all over Ontario and there are areas for everyone who wishes to have a section on the board.
Even the Free Flow Divers from St. Catharines have their own section on it. Only this should disprove your statement. :)

The only requirement to join OD which is a no-alias board, is that your login name should be your name or a derivate of it. It cuts tremendously on the BS when people can't hide behind aliases. :eyebrow:

Problem is with the OD that a lot of people don't know is that some people are not allowed on the Ontario board. For some reason I am not allowed on the board. I owned a charter in kingston and made some my views know that pee'd off the board "Owners" and have been banned. I signed up with my full name and address so people knew who I was but...........

Tom one of the owners can say anything he wants on the Ontario board but no one is allowed to say any thing against his views. If they do, the post "poof" is gone. I've been diving for over 20 years and I will continue to just don't expect to hear from me on the Ontario Scuba board.

In fact they keep a close eye on this board and I put a thread on about the new dive boat here in Kingston. Notice most replys praise NTD and/or try to put down others.
within 2 hours of posting the thread I received a nasty email from Tom telling me if I wanted a fight on scuba board he had lots of ammo to "get" me.

I guess he don't like people to know there is other places in Kingston besides NTD.

Possem- The reason you likely didnt get a bite here in the beginning is that this is an international board and most of the divers hitting this forum aren't from our neck of the woods. Drop by, browse the forums and throw up a post or 2, we really dont bite. Lots of folks from your area are over there posting about the diving they are doing.

Jim- The 3 times you've been on OD, you tried to use it as a battleground for your own views against the owners of the company that pays the bills there, thats why you are so closely watched. And you didn't use your personal info to log in correctly last time, you (purposely?) mis-entered everything. The reason you are watched so closely is your past history and so the hundreds of users who are there without agendas can enjoy thier time and discussions there.

But hey dude, I see you found a new place to push your personal views on the last shop in Kingston.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom