Happy 228th to the U.S.Marine Corps and Fellow Devil Dogs Everywhere!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jayfl77 once bubbled...
And lets not forget what the marines really are "A Department Of The NAVY" Sorry I had to do it (former squid here)

yeah, the "Mens Department"

glad you brough it up.

Nah, we just need somebody to catch the bullets so they dont hit our ships.

Man I love prior military, the only people who will give each other a hard time, but still have tons of respect for each other. HOOOOAH Happy Veterans DAY

still active here... Okinawa, JP... 3 years and counting.

You mean we get paid? :)

Yeah $12,000/yr salary on 18hr days never adds up right at the end of the month.

Actually I normally work a good 12 solid hours a day. Or about $4 an hour.

"good enough for government work" Now where did that come from anyways?????

dsgobie once bubbled...

yeah, the "Mens Department"

You beat me to it! Saw that on a bumper sticker in North Carolina last May, then stopped back at ET's near Cherry Point to pick up some more in October, but couldn't find that one?

Semper Fi!

don

gedunk once bubbled...

And the story goes ... immediately after the first Marine ever was signed up, he turned around and told the guy behind him:

"damn new Corps, they don't make em like they used to in the old Corps."
:)

Semper Fi Don

I've met some really cute young ladies lately who are joining. We've had BAMs for as long as I would know, but this may not be the same corps...? :huh:

One of them was going into finance, the other apply for The Presidents Band. But they gotta' be grunts first, right?

don

scubasean once bubbled...

And they are still looking for...

A few Good Men...

heh

Everyone knows what a BAM is, right? When my reserve company changed from 03 to trucks, we were taught that we could load 18 Marines on a 5-ton, or 14 BAMs. :hehe:

I'm out of the fleet right now doing an advanced education program...man, I miss this kind of sh%#!!

As far as you active and prior squids out there...you know what Marine stands for don't you?

MY A$$ Rides In Navy Equipment!!

Semper Fi

A belated Happy Birthday Marines,

From a member of the pride of the Corps;
Delta Company, 1st Battalion, 5th Marines, 1st Marine Division
1967 - 1968

Good night Chesty,
Sleep peacefully!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom