Happy Birthday B-Boy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Brandon!

Happy Belated Birthday! :party2:

I've been off the board for the last couple of days with a whole lot of work and just saw this.

Hope is was a great one!

Christian

Thanks again everyone for all the warm birthday wishes. This is such a great example of one of the things I love about ScubaBoard; that feeling of community that transcends beyond traditional boundaries.

FYI. Unfortunately the local conditions haven't cooperated lately. So, Brandon hasn't had an opportunity to try out some of his new gifts :( The good news is that we're going to the Coronados this weekend with boat full of some of our favorite folks. Conditions are looking descent so far :)

riguerin:
Thanks again everyone for all the warm birthday wishes. This is such a great example of one of the things I love about ScubaBoard; that feeling of community that transcends beyond traditional boundaries.

FYI. Unfortunately the local conditions haven't cooperated lately. So, Brandon hasn't had an opportunity to try out some of his new gifts :( The good news is that we're going to the Coronados this weekend with boat full of some of our favorite folks. Conditions are looking descent so far :)

Have a great time you guys!! Hope the youngin enjoys the new toys!! :14:

Divmstr223:
Have a great time you guys!! Hope the youngin enjoys the new toys!! :14:

Thanks, bro. You were missed.

The conditions at the Coronados were a little sketchy today (by 'nados standards)... 52F and ~15ft viz (thanks to the red tide). Despite diving with a new BP/W, reg hose setup, can light, and an hp100 (vs hp80) tank; the kid did pretty good today.

The new HID light, was especially great ! It was a definite stress reliever for me. No matter where he was positioned relative to me, I could see his beam. When I couldn't, that was my cue to turn and look for him. This worked awesome on a low(er) viz day, like today.

The BP/W setup worked great too. It'll take a few more dive for him to dial in weighting, get used to using the short inflater and butt dump valve. He did comment that he liked it better than his existing rig .... that is was "easier to trim out".

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Milo and Chris at BCSC for helping put this sweet little package together. Milo was especially sensitive to the cost concerns associated with a significant re-gearing of a Jr diver. He even went so far as to reach deep into his own personal gear locker to help make this affordable. Chris, was not only the original donor of the SS plate and harness, he also donated precious personal time and careful love and attention to implement the Swedish Butt Dump mod on the wing, to help address a user concern that I had. You guys ROCK !

Thanks, also, to the crew that setup and went out to the 'nados today ... Kim , Jen, Josh ,Terry, Alison, Calvin, Steve, and Jesus. Definitely a fun group. Thanks for helping make today a memorable experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom