harness question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The harness needs to be loose enough to get out of it easily.

I have repeatedly loosened my harness again and again... and again... and again.... to find the correct confiiguration.

You'll figure it out. The beauty of the one-piece harness is that can be quickly adjusted. If you struggle to get out of the harness - loosen it up a bit, and see how it goes on the next dive.

fire_diver:
That would make it even worse. The problem is the stiffness of the 2" wide strap. The material is so stiff that it feels like a chunk of wood rubbing my inner thighs. I have decided to use my soft, 2" tube strap from my rope rescue kit (still have another one). It will provide the same protection from shifting and sliding, but will also bend easily when closing my legs.

FD
Yep.... go with the soft stuff. I found some seat belt webbing to use for mine. I tried the 1" tube type webbing when I first started using a BP and found it uncomfortable when it needed to work (to keep the BP from "riding up :11: ) The wider, soft webbing is much better and is plenty durable.

I used a borrowed BP today that has the stiff crotch strap with neoprene over it.... it was very much NOT comfortable for walking in :eek: It was *OK*(I suppose) in the water, but unlike the softer stuff on my own BP, I definitely noticed it was there.... I'm sure that without the neoprene covering, it would be causing wear spots on my drysuit. NOT acceptible!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom