Has anyone been griefed for their BP&W?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow...I've seen some "necros" on SB, but 4 years? This one is REALLY long in the tooth!

"Dead Thread Walking!"

DeadManWalking-07.jpg

Not to change the subject, but I hear there's this new stuff called Nitrox that people are putting in scuba tanks. Have you guys ever seen it? Have you ever dived it? Do you get snide remarks when you do?

Hunter

4 years, 8 months, 13 days

Picture25.png

Can I ask, why do people seem to get bothered when old threads are revived? I see it all the time on various forums, never figured it out. On one gaming forum it's become a bit of a joke, as one guy always does it so it's funny to see what he'll come up with next :)

I think it's just to be able to give someone grief. To poke fun. I kinda like it when an old thread gets revived because normally it shows how far we've come since then. Always entertaining.

I felt I had to respond to this for two reasons:
1) As a new diver this oldie has helped me with my own dive situations.
2) When I'm on a boat I'm the odd man out usually with a newbie BCD. I'm the one asking the tecs the questions! This makes me want to train more to dive with a better understanding of other gear. I will be taking Tec training in the winter and spring so I can go with these guys, with gear I know and how it works.
Sorry to revive it again.....

Don't be sorry ... there will always be those on an Internet forum who jump on any opportunity to rag on someone. Most times it's all in good fun. Take it as a friendly tease.

Personally I enjoy seeing revived old threads because it often gives me a chance to revisit old "friends" who've long since moved on and don't frequent ScubaBoard anymore.

Just post where you please and let those who choose to read ... or tease ... do so ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

BP/W, Spare Air, DIR and Snorkel threads are immortal

BP/W, Spare Air, DIR and Snorkel threads are immortal

What do you mean? Isn't a BP/W just for tech wannabe's, I know a Spare Air will give me a few breaths to get to the surface that I wouldn't have otherwise, DIR means I must be doing it wrong and they are so arrogant, everyone one of them and snorkels are handy sometimes for when you want to save air.

I just want to wear my mask on my forehead and be left alone with my split fins. By the way, can anyone recommend a good computer for me? I'm on a budget and don't need any fancy bells and whistles but I would like wireless AI. What should I get?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom