Hauling gear from parking lot to pool, quarry, lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dogbowl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Google collapsible wagon on Amazon. You want the blue one (other colors too). Holds about 150 lbs. $60-70 US. Not sure what it will run Canadian.

Getting it wet is no issue. My SM tanks go in the cart as soon as they’re out of the water. No problem.

One I have folds up flat enough that it can fit behind the front seats of my Focus m

I own both, or very close copies. Both bought at Costco, by the way.

The metal one is frankly overkill. If you’re going to be taking it from place to place, it takes up an awful lot of space, is very heavy, etc. I have a wooden frame that allows me to use it to move eight tank at a time. For that, it is very handy. For a couple of tanks and a bag of scuba gear, not so much.

The collapsible cloth one is quite handy. It packs in the back of a car well, and you can easily put a set of doubles in the bottom and your gear on top. I can even, barely, put a set of double 120’s in there. I don’t think it will take any kind of abuse, but if you’re careful with it, it’ll work just fine. I’ve been using one for about two years and maybe 20 or so trips, plus all the stuff around the house that we use it for, and it is still in great shape.

I've got both of those kinds of carts for dock carts and greenhouse carts. The top ones rust quickly with any exposure to salt water... Also those stupid tubeless tires will always be flat when you need them.

I can think of a couple of places with a long cart-friendly path from the parking area to the dive site. But... seems to me that most often the terrain is not cart-friendly. It's enough to drive one to buy a boat. :cool:

This is what I used to use when I was between boats.
DSCF1934.jpg

I own both, or very close copies. Both bought at Costco, by the way.

The metal one is frankly overkill. If you’re going to be taking it from place to place, it takes up an awful lot of space, is very heavy, etc. I have a wooden frame that allows me to use it to move eight tank at a time. For that, it is very handy. For a couple of tanks and a bag of scuba gear, not so much.

The collapsible cloth one is quite handy. It packs in the back of a car well, and you can easily put a set of doubles in the bottom and your gear on top. I can even, barely, put a set of double 120’s in there. I don’t think it will take any kind of abuse, but if you’re careful with it, it’ll work just fine. I’ve been using one for about two years and maybe 20 or so trips, plus all the stuff around the house that we use it for, and it is still in great shape.

I don’t have a truck or suv so probably not the metal one then. And I don’t dive every week, so probably something less heavy-duty will be fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom