Have you been asked for your AOW Card or Log Book?

I have been asked for an AOW card or Log Book

• Rarely

Votes: 73 58.4%
  • Occationally

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • Often

Votes: 24 19.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been asked to state my highest level of training, I have been asked to show positive identification (a post-9/11 rule) but that was just for proving who I was -- a driver's license or passport was acceptable to them. I have never been asked on a dive charter to show an OW card, much less AOW. I have been on one dive charter which did not even ask me anything. I have never been asked for logs, either.

BTW, all of this has been at 3 dive charters in the United States. I have yet to dive elsewhere (but hope to!)

No LDS has asked to see either my OW or NitrOx card for air or NitrOx.

No charter has ever asked for qualifications or a card... (even on a really, really deep dive). Maybe its my demeanor, maybe they can "read" a diver... Sure is scary!

As usual I can't vote! My vote would be often - I guess you need to travel outside the states.

I think everyone I have dived with outside of my LDS has asked to see at least a C card and often the log book as well.

Jonathan

as I have only been on one dive charter and was asked to show the highest level C-card I had. I guess I could have just shown the OW card since nothing we did was beyond OW recreational recommendations. I have never had to show a card for air fills at places that didn't know me. Maybe it like NetDoc says."they can "read" a diver"

Apparently it is very common practice outside the US.

At my LDS they don't ask anymore when I go to refill my tank, but at one of the quarries we usually go for training, where we are well known, every time they ask for c-card and medical statement as well.

While vacationing (Egypt and Thailand) I've been asked to show card, log-book and medical.

I was going out on a dive charter in Ft. lauderdale, FL in which they were diving a deep dive with a max dept of like 105 I believe and that is the ONE and ONLY time I was asked to show my logbook as proof that I had deep diving experience from a diving charter operation.

As for getting Air Fills.. I've always got mine from shops where the people already knew me so of course they never asked me for a c-card to get a air or nitrox fill, but at the store I worked for I wouldnt fill a tank unless I KNEW for a FACT you were a certified diver or could show me a c-card or nitrox card.

Ryan Stone
IDCS

Nope, never. Have dived on boats in California, Mexico, and Maui, and have never had to show my log or AOW card. 90' plus dives at all three locations.

Back
Top Bottom