Have you been asked for your AOW Card or Log Book?

I have been asked for an AOW card or Log Book

• Rarely

Votes: 73 58.4%
  • Occationally

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • Often

Votes: 24 19.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been asked for my highest certification level.

I have had to show my c-card at all but my LDS where I trained. I have had to fill out waivers in Maui and Ginnie Springs. In Mexico and in Key West they stamped my log book. When on the liveaboard to the Bahamas they also had a waiver form and checked our c-cards.

I had to send Walter my C-card and Nitrox card for the Wreckmania trip, does that count? I have had to show my C-card in the Keys, the Fla springs, Bahamas, Bonaire and here on the coast of NC and 3 differnent quarries here. About the only place I don't get asked is the local dive shops. Several places have asked when and where my last dives were but have not made me produce logs.

I have had to show my c-card everywhere I have dived(not many). They are Vortex- card, Hydrospace- card, and Conch Republic divers in the Keys- card. If you wanted to dive the Bibb, Duane, or the Eagle you had to have AOW or show your log with two dives over 80 ft in the last 6 months or year. Where I was certified does not ask for my c-card for air, or purchases.

However, my LDS in Melbourne, FL asked the first time I bought a fill card. Most dive charters have not asked, but I have had a few look at my C-Card and say, "YMCA does certs?"

It doesn't have the selection that's probably most common, which is "Never."
Personally, (aside from cave sites) I've been asked once in over 30 years of diving.
Rick

Show us your DAN card.... not any other just the DAN card. I do always have one of my cards with me though.

Rich :mean:

the Certification, Insurance and Logbook.

Without a c-card AND insurance you can forget from diving...
Without the logbook (or if you produce a logbook but haven't been diving in the last six months) you'll have to take a refresh dive, unless you are a DM or higher.

I don't know if it is good or bad but that's how it is here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom