Have you seen this snorkel New gear!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know what to think about this thing. It looks dangerous. :nervous: I don't think my insurance company wants me selling those.

No way, they can not be serious. Even if it worked, it would result in air embolism within one of the first 10 people to try it....

Great, now people can do just what they are discourged from doing, taking a breath underwater while snorkeling. Great idea! They have their heads so far up their..well an extra breath ain't going to them any good!

Would be handy for retrieving things in semi shallow water. Sunglasses, fishing lures.

Think about that for a second. Boyle's law. As pressure increases volume decreases. In this case your lungs. Once you exhale past say 4-5 feet there will most likely not be enough pressure in the "air chamber" of the snorkel to allow your lungs to reinflate and at that depth the muscles in your chest will not overcome the water pressure. It's why you can't have a snorkel longer than 2 feet or so. And if the thing does hold pressure will it need to be hydro'd as it is now no longer a simple tube but a pressure vessel. What is going to happen to it when you do hook it up to a tank as it says you can and try to put even LP air in it at 140 psi. Damn I can see the thing exploding and putting someone's eye out! This just gets worse and worse.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom