Have you tested positive for COVID?

Have you tested positive for COVID?

• I didn’t test positive, but I had it.

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • I tested positive, but was asymptomatic/minimal symptoms

Votes: 16 8.1%
  • I tested positive, it was the worst.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I tested positive and was hospitalized.

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • I tested positive and am a long hauler

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not been tested, nor have I been sick

Votes: 86 43.4%
  • I was tested negative

Votes: 81 40.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not really. The chances are low to begin with, if it went from 0.001 (I am making that up to 60.001 it would matter but it is from next to nothing to double next to nothing. I suspect this is an impossible thing to check for in fact as literally every child, in the west at least, will be given this drug. Assuming a doubling is true doesn’t explain the curves of the increase in autism.

I get particularly pissy about this as it is a terrible problem for those unfortunate enough to suffer from it and the various crack pot theories put forward essentially blame women for decisions they made leading to damage to their children, whereas it is very likely entirely external factors or genetics. This first review covers dozens of elements, picking on one that blames the mother is not helping anyone.
So your stance is "Blame everyone and everything but mothers"? This idea would be hard to sell. I've seen pregnant women who drank and smoked, and you've seen such behavior too, I am sure. Do you also consider the warning labels saying "pregnant women should not drink alcohol" the same blame-the-mothers kind of thing? Many of them are on antidepressants and take other medications, most of which, as someone here already remarked, had never been tested in pregnant women and infants because such studies are impossible to undertake. So why not study the data w/o any bias such as "do not blame the mothers" or "blame the FDA" or "it's OK to blame only the Big Pharma and the Government" etc, then inform the public, so everyone can make their best educated decision according to their understanding of whether 60% increased risk is high or low? And then (yes) deal with consequences. In some cases the FDA takes responsibility saying "this drug is too dangerous, we can't allow it", but in some cases when the drug benefits some but can harm others people need to take responsibility and decide for themselves. Here is a good illustration of biased one-way view on the subject (but I am sure there are examples of the opposite kind):
213148_orig.jpg

Thats in the UK, does me no good here ☺
I'm sure you can find similar products in your part of the world. What was the name of that online shopping mega-mall named after a river in Brazil, again?

Here is a good illustration of biased one-way view on the subject (but I am sure there are examples of the opposite kind):
213148_orig-jpg.630876.jpg
Cite, please. I have a very hard time imagining that level of ruminant-level stupidity coming from people who recognize science.

Interesting....

On Thursday, the Belgian State Secretary Eva De Bleeker (Budget) accidentally published a list on Twitter containing possibly the prices that the EU pays for the various corona vaccines, VRT reports. The prices were kept secret by the European Commission and pharmaceutical companies.
covidvaccines.jpg

Interesting....

On Thursday, the Belgian State Secretary Eva De Bleeker (Budget) accidentally published a list on Twitter containing possibly the prices that the EU pays for the various corona vaccines, VRT reports. The prices were kept secret by the European Commission and pharmaceutical companies.
View attachment 630944
I don't think the numbers have ever been a secret? Ballpark info has been available for months.

Canada nails down 5th deal for potential COVID-19 vaccine

"In all, Canada has committed $1 billion to buy at least 154 million doses of vaccines from five different companies, and most of that money will not be refunded even if the vaccines never get approved"

I don't think the numbers have ever been a secret? Ballpark info has been available for months.

Canada nails down 5th deal for potential COVID-19 vaccine

"In all, Canada has committed $1 billion to buy at least 154 million doses of vaccines from five different companies, and most of that money will not be refunded even if the vaccines never get approved"
So effing what? We're in one of the biggest crises the industrialized world has faced since, IDK, perhaps WW2. Pfizer/BioNtech, AstraZeneca, Moderna etc have a bottom line to defend. They aren't here to help the world, they're here to give their shareholders dividends.

So if we don't pledge to buy their vaccines if they're developed, they won't develop them. I know what I'd stake my money on.

This is capitalism 101.

So effing what? We're in one of the biggest crises the industrialized world has faced since, IDK, perhaps WW2. Pfizer/BioNtech, AstraZeneca, Moderna etc have a bottom line to defend. They aren't here to help the world, they're here to give their shareholders dividends.

So if we don't pledge to buy their vaccines if they're developed, they won't develop them. I know what I'd stake my money on.

This is capitalism 101.
If you do the math it is $6.50 a shot. Most need 2 shots. So $13 a person. Seems very reasonable to me.

Not sure why any one would get excited about this. Seems cheaper than diabetes?

What Is the Monthly Cost of Insulin in Canada?.

I have not seen any info on the cost for transport, storage and injection. Could be more than the cost of the vaccine?

Ok @Wookie We haven’t heard from you since Tuesday. Time to check in with your SB dive buddies. Please. :flowers:
Today was the first good day. I slept all night last night and was able to actually complete a very simple college assignment today. I ate 3 times (very small portions) and drank lots of electrolytes. I did not poop my pants. Small victories.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom