Have you tested positive for COVID?

Have you tested positive for COVID?

• I didn’t test positive, but I had it.

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • I tested positive, but was asymptomatic/minimal symptoms

Votes: 16 8.1%
  • I tested positive, it was the worst.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I tested positive and was hospitalized.

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • I tested positive and am a long hauler

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not been tested, nor have I been sick

Votes: 86 43.4%
  • I was tested negative

Votes: 81 40.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is nothing to "believe". These are the hard numbers and facts that I have provided, but you can stick your head in the sand if you prefer.

Now you are twisting what was said. Nobody has tried to deny the many benefits the pharma industry has brought about over the decades. People are simply pointing out that this vaccine is being rushed, and that, because of it, its safety is dubious.
Yet their words are being twisted and taken out of context, seeking to discredit them.
One participant even said "crackpot theory" - not nice.
Frankly, this is a major SHTF event.

From a population POV, get the frikkin' vaccine out ASAP. We lose some folks, but the net will be a benefit. Me, I'll wait until we're decently sure we won't get another scandal like we had with the swine flu vaccine (which I, incidentally, chose to take), but that's a strictly personal POV. I've been working from home and socially distancing for three-quarters of a year now, what difference does a few more months make?

If I were in a risk group or were more vulnerable to becoming infected, my personal risk assessment might very well be different.

That doesn't help the 3rd world countries where keeping the vaccine at -80C poses... certain challenges.

We aren't out of this crap until everybody can be effectively vaccinated. Including those who live in a shed in a 3rd world African village and those living in the Brazil favelas. I won't be holding my breath.
The logistics are challenging but the vaccine requirements are blind to socioeconomic status. But fortunately there are several other vaccines that do not require special storage under development. And as the technology matures it is hoped that the storage requirements and/or availability of freezer units will evolve as well.

the vaccine requirements are blind to socioeconomic status
I think that that was the point I was trying to make. I might well have failed, though.

But those socioeconomically challenged have a distinct disadvantage if a viable vaccine requires a distribution chain where the product has to be kept <80C at all stages.

That doesn't help the 3rd world countries where keeping the vaccine at -80C poses... certain challenges.

We aren't out of this crap until everybody can be effectively vaccinated. Including those who live in a shed in a 3rd world African village and those living in the Brazil favelas. I won't be holding my breath.

It is purely a question of will and money (and production time). Enclosed, palletized super-cold fridge and redundant generator units. Pack in the dry-ice for inter-continental air distribution then by appropriate surface transport where the generators can be let run. Drop them on a on a 6x6 military vehicle to get to that last super-rural 10-20% of the world population. The 1% that you really can't efficiently get to to will be mostly protected by isolation and, eventually, herd immunity.

Another reason might be that those people have a better immune system. Like in India.

Mankind has been competing with Nature, keeping everything alive against nature odds.
And now Nature wins. Only those with a good immune system will survive. Those with a not-so-good immune system, are afraid. And call for all kinds of restrictions, in desperation for prolonging their life.

I can't blame them. I can understand that.

But they unfortunately blame me when I don't wear a mask. Or go outside. Basically: behave normal. Will life ever be normal?

Frankly, this is a major SHTF event.

From a population POV, get the frikkin' vaccine out ASAP. We lose some folks, but the net will be a benefit. Me, I'll wait until we're decently sure we won't get another scandal like we had with the swine flu vaccine (which I, incidentally, chose to take), but that's a strictly personal POV. I've been working from home and socially distancing for three-quarters of a year now, what difference does a few more months make?

If I were in a risk group or were more vulnerable to becoming infected, my personal risk assessment might very well be different.

Far too rational!

Another interesting thing I was reading is that the mRNA vaccines appear to actually be easier to manufacture than traditional vaccines. That's good news for the huge number of doses the world will need!
I do not buy this. Maybe this will be the case in the future, but now they'll have to scale up too many processes.

But they unfortunately blame me when I don't wear a mask
Not anymore. We have become so frustrated and exhausted at trying to save your life that we now just pretty much laugh hysterically.

Attachments

• 11D0FB83-CC2D-46D3-B12E-CD752818E718.jpeg
    11D0FB83-CC2D-46D3-B12E-CD752818E718.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 65
Just because a drug has been approved for use, it does not mean that it is safe. On average, 4500 drugs and devices are recalled every year:
FDA Recalls

FDA Recalls - How Dangerous Drugs & Devices are Recalled

Тhat number is staggering!

Big pharmaceutical companies have been proven to have been bribing physicians and suppressing adverse trial results:

Tough on Crime? Pfizer and the CIHR.

So if you want to believe that a drug is safe to use, just because a big pharma company that is about to turn a huge profit says so, go right ahead.
So which is it? They skipped steps on this vaccine, making it less safe than others, or they never do those steps to ensure safety for anything? I was responding to people who are asserting the former.

As to the latter point, yes, some drugs etc pass the initial safety screening but then are later recalled. It's simply not possible to discover everything that might go wrong in a trial, because so many things that go wrong happen to such a small percentage of people. I've certainly heard doctors urge caution about new treatments, especially where there are existing, well-established alternatives. Sure, this new arthritis medication may work better, but this old one isn't completely ineffective and we know you can handle it.

The problem here is that there is no realistic alternative for COVID. New Zealand and a few other countries pulled off a perfect 21st century response and can now afford to take their time exploring their options. But the rest of us are dying at a worldwide rate of 12,000 per day and rising. There's no telling how many among the 70 million current cases and 49 million recovered will suffer permanent damage. The stakes are high, and you can't just opt out of this global health experiment. You can only choose whether to take a vaccine developed in accordance with established protocols, or take your chances with the virus. But it's also not just about you--it's about everyone you might spread it to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom