Have you tested positive for COVID?

Have you tested positive for COVID?

• I didn’t test positive, but I had it.

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • I tested positive, but was asymptomatic/minimal symptoms

Votes: 16 8.1%
  • I tested positive, it was the worst.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I tested positive and was hospitalized.

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • I tested positive and am a long hauler

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not been tested, nor have I been sick

Votes: 86 43.4%
  • I was tested negative

Votes: 81 40.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I asked “when do I go to the hospital?” The response was When you can’t breathe any more.
Blunt but unfortunately it is the reality of the current crises. I hesitant to give advice and quite honestly very little out patient care has been shown to have any impact but if you want a list of some of the things people are trying pm me and will send a list with my personal take. I am at work so it might be later today.

One thing you can do is buy a cheap pulse ox. This will at least give you some objective info on your respiratory status. And if sob (prayers it doesn’t get to this) but not er yet, try lying on your stomach.

deaths are down
They are? Sure doesn't look like that to me.
USA according to worldometer.com: United States Coronavirus: 16,341,312 Cases and 303,117 Deaths - Worldometer
The world according to worldometer.com: Coronavirus Update (Live): 71,765,750 Cases and 1,606,891 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer
Look at the graphs and come here again telling me that the deaths are "down". I double dare you. This is another thing which really infuriates me, people shooting thorough and utter BS and claiming their fantasies as facts. "Alternative facts", as it might be, to steal an infamous expression.

According to worldometer's numbers, on a world basis, the # of deaths per day has roughly flattened out since late November but the total number of deaths is still increasing. In the case of the US of A, the # of deaths per day has been steadily increasing since early October.

You guys are thoroughly screwed and will be so until a viable vaccine has been rolled out on a large scale. Now, compare that situation to, say, New Zealand's and consider the country leaders' approach to the problem. Not just the measures taken, but also the signals sent by the leadership and how the political system allows common people to take prudent precautions.

EDIT: Y'all are facing more than one 9/11 casualty count per effing day right now. In 2001, that was a national disaster. Today? "It'll go away... soon..." " think about the ECONOMY, we just can't lock down". "Sacrifice your gramp and your granny for the ECONOMY".

CDC "Historical Vaccine Safety Concerns"

Historical Safety Concerns | Vaccine Safety | CDC

"Cutter Incident - 1955
Simian Virus 40 (SV40) - 1955-1963
Swine Flu Vaccine and Guillain-Barré Syndrome - 1976
Hepatitis B Vaccine and Multiple Sclerosis - 1998
Rotavirus Vaccine and Intussusception - 1998-1999
GBS and Meningococcal Vaccine - 2005-2008
Hib Vaccine Recall - 2007
H1N1 Influenza Vaccine and Narcolepsy - 2009-2010
Porcine Circovirus in Rotavirus Vaccine - 2010
HPV Vaccine Recall - 2013"

Note that these are concerns and not all of them led to recall or stoppage of use. More details on the CDC website.
In fact, let’s examine this closer...

Cutter incident 1955 - vaccine contaminated with live polio virus. Can’t happen with mRNA vaccines.

Simian virus 40 1955 to 1963 - polio vaccine contaminated in cell culture. Can’t happen with mRNA.

Swine flu vaccine and GBS 1976 - post marketing surveillance and investigation did find an increase in baseline cases of GBS but no reason was found.

Hep B vaccine and MS 1998 - reports investigated and disproved.

Rotavirus and intussusception 1998-99 - surveillance found an increased incidence of intussusception and investigation found an association. The recommendation for the vaccine was withdrawn and the manufacturer voluntarily withdrew the vaccine.

Meningococcal vaccine and GBS 2005 - 2008 - no link found

Hib vaccine recall 2007 - concerns of possible bacterial contamination. As a precaution it was recalled and analysis found no contamination.

H1N1 and Narcolepsy 2009-2010. Pandemrix vaccine released in Europe had reports of Narcolepsy. It was never released in yhe US and investigations on H1N1’s used in the US since showed no correlation.

Rotavirus vaccine 2010 - found a porcine virus contaminated. This virus is not associated with human illness. No reports of injury or illness. Can not happen with mRNA.

HPV recall 2013 - voluntary recall on single batch from concern of glass contaminate. No health issues reported.

I don’t know about you guys but to me this is an impressive safety record.

In fact, let’s examine this closer...

Cutter incident 1955 - vaccine contaminated with live polio virus. Can’t happen with mRNA vaccines.

Simian virus 40 1955 to 1963 - polio vaccine contaminated in cell culture. Can’t happen with mRNA.

Swine flu vaccine and GBS 1976 - post marketing surveillance and investigation did find an increase in baseline cases of GBS but no reason was found.

Hep B vaccine and MS 1998 - reports investigated and disproved.

Rotavirus and intussusception 1998-99 - surveillance found an increased incidence of intussusception and investigation found an association. The recommendation for the vaccine was withdrawn and the manufacturer voluntarily withdrew the vaccine.

Meningococcal vaccine and GBS 2005 - 2008 - no link found

Hib vaccine recall 2007 - concerns of possible bacterial contamination. As a precaution it was recalled and analysis found no contamination.

H1N1 and Narcolepsy 2009-2010. Pandemrix vaccine released in Europe had reports of Narcolepsy. It was never released in yhe US and investigations on H1N1’s used in the US since showed no correlation.

Rotavirus vaccine 2010 - found a porcine virus contaminated. This virus is not associated with human illness. No reports of injury or illness. Can not happen with mRNA.

HPV recall 2013 - voluntary recall on single batch from concern of glass contaminate. No health issues reported.

I don’t know about you guys but to me this is an impressive safety record.
Bra-vo. Kudos.

Just shows how the fear-mongering is based on lack of understanding of the scientific process.

The end is in site,.deaths are down although cases are up. Some common sense and being careful. Let's not even start on the economic effect these pointless lockdowns are causing.

The fact is most who get it recover fully a few do die, but people also die of the flu every year.
Based on worldometer stats this view seems incorrect.

The US 7 day moving average for daily deaths is currently at an all time high of 2473 deaths per day as a result of a sustained upward trend for the last month. This number has exceeded the first wave 7 day moving average of 2422 deaths per day on April 21.

The only “death rate” going down is the case fatality rate as health providers get better at treating this, the most vulnerable in some populations have already died and the infected population’s age is going down. According to Johns Hopkins the rate is somewhere around 1.86% in the US today and has been falling slowly for several months.

Sadly the number of deaths is going up dramatically.

So your risk of dying if you get it has declined slightly, but your risk of getting it has increased dramatically.

mandatory.jpg

Tested positive 3 times in 10 days. Hadn't the slightest clue I had it. Not a single symptom. Took the original test out of necessity for work. Was shocked to see a positive result, so I took 2 more a few days apart. I have since tested positive for antibody.

Best part of the whole ordeal, finishing a lot of small projects around the house that I haven't had time to finish.

A family member had it as well 3 months before me. He said he had a minor headache for 2 to 3 hours. Then a day or so later he lived in the bathroom for 24 hours. That was it. By day 3 he felt 100%.

I guess everyone is different.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom