Hawaii trip, first dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zingold

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey everyone, I'm Zach from the Naval Academy and I just got qualified as an open water diver. My first dive trip is to Hawaii for two weeks. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for either spots where I could shore dive or good dive companies that you would suggest I use to have the best time I can for those two weeks. Thank you all!

Hi Zach,

Are you coming out for summer tour between your class years?

We have plenty of diving here on Oahu and you can come check us out on the "Hawaii 'Ohana" Forum: Hawai'i 'Ohana

All that being said, your options are many. A lot of folks recommend Gabe Scotti (scottitheduck) from Kaimana Divers: Kaimana Divers: SCUBA Diving in Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, Waikiki

Most of my diving is with Dive Oahu who have a shop at the NEX and are based down beyond Aloha Tower by Ala Moana Beach Park: Home - diveoahu.com

There on Joint Base Pearl Harbor - Hickam, there are two dive shops, Ocean Concepts over by the PH marina: Scuba Diving Oahu with Ocean Concepts Hawaii - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

and Island Divers over on the Hickam side: Hawaii Scuba Diving, Scuba Diving Training with Island Divers Hawaii - Honolulu, Waikiki

Island Divers actually has some dives going out of Hickam (which is pretty handy). http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/trips-local-marketplace-hawaii/382600-dive-charters-hickam.html

So... take your pick or sample them all, and have a good time.

Just remember, other than the time you actually spend in uniform, the uniform of the day here DOES NOT include socks. :D

Have fun.

Congradulations on your open water cert. You need to tell us which Island you are planning to visit if you want dive info!! Aloha, Rick

Congradulations on your open water cert. You need to tell us which Island you are planning to visit if you want dive info!! Aloha, Rick

Thank you odblnt, I have heard a lot about this Gabe guy and I am staying in Waikiki, 3 minutes away from his shop I believe

Well, not quite three minutes (some of our traffic is pretty horrible) but still pretty close.

Have a good time.

Back
Top Bottom