Heads up on what seems like a good price on Oceanic computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jd950

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Just a "heads up."

Someone on ebay is selling what they claim to be 3 new oceanic OCS dive computers for under $300 each. I know nothing of the seller and have no connection to the sale, but potentially this could be a good deal if you are looking for a wrist computer that does DSAT and/or PZ+. Non air-integrated of course. It does not include the usb cable, though.

It just occurred to me this post might not be allowed her. If it isn't... my apologies and a mod should delete or move it.

i'm in the market for an inexpensive oceanic backup. thanks! It does have user replaceable battery but it recommends pressure test with dealer....i'm trying to get out of the expensive battery replacement and test situation.

anyone have this that can comment? :) I was originally after a veo 2/3 or a geo 2 but this is a good deal...but also seems way too good to be true lol.

I'd get a bud if I were after an oceanic backup -- OCS is a 3-gas deco computer with a compass that may or may not be usable given that screen size and type. Are you sure you want to pay for those, no matter how good a deal, in your backup device?

I'd get a bud if I were after an oceanic backup -- OCS is a 3-gas deco computer with a compass that may or may not be usable given that screen size and type. Are you sure you want to pay for those, no matter how good a deal, in your backup device?

Why do you say it's a "deco" computer? As far as I know, it's no more of a "deco computer" than a Zoop or any other recreational/sport diving-oriented computer.

BUD price may have changed, but last time I checked, a BUD was $200. Everybody puts a different value on these things, but personally I would pay $300 for an OCS over $200 for a BUD every day of the week. A backup computer can become a primary computer in an instant. I'd much rather have an OCS as my primary, than a BUD.

Why do you say it's a "deco" computer? As far as I know, it's no more of a "deco computer" than a Zoop or any other recreational/sport diving-oriented computer.

Feature list says 3 gases and 100% O2. As you yourself pointed out a while back, the only reason for 100% O2 is accelerated deco.

Feature list says 3 gases and 100% O2. As you yourself pointed out a while back, the only reason for 100% O2 is accelerated deco.

Right. And on a non-deco computer, like this one and all the other recreational-oriented computers, that feature is wasted. It takes more than multi-gas and O2 support to make it a "deco computer". Either that, or they are ALL deco computers - because every computer on the market will calculate deco and tell you how to get out of the water if you exceed your NDL.

Right. And on a non-deco computer, like this one and all the other recreational-oriented computers, that feature is wasted.

Yes, that was my point, perhaps poorly worded.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom