helios 13.5 18 watt review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mech

Contributor
Reaction score
I've done 40 dives with this light this month.
The first group of dives was a long anticipated lobster trip and the second was an unexpected 3 day lobster trip to the Channel Islands.
This thing is built like a tank and was way up to the task.
If I was to nit pick anything it would be that crawling and digging through rocks does scratch up the cannister a bit so I do need to be more careful ...but I view it as a tool.
Also on one of my longer bottom time days it turned off...something that I would have never imagined but I did have near 7 hours of bottom time.
I actually thought I flooded it but no it was just me being a pig.
The light is just fantastic I can signal my buddy's like I've never been able to do before.
I can also cover more ground due to it's brightness and letting me veiw areas quicker and better than I 've ever been able to in the past.
This light was a major expence for me because I'm just a regular guy that has to answer to his wife on big purchaces.
The first night lobster dive was near La Jolla Cove (I think just south of it) and we had 8 of us in the water bug hunting.
After I got out my wife and a group of people (who were standing on a jetty type walk) told me they knew exactly where I was the whole time because the light was so much brighter than any of the others and some had them light cannons.
I never even thought of selling her on the safety factor but it is clearly there.
This light recieves a thumbs up from me.
Andy

Back
Top Bottom