Helium and Oxygen Pricing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RayfromTX

Student Of Gas Mixology
Staff member
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What are y'all paying for gas? I'm looking for what people are paying to refill a 200-219 cuft tank with helium and also for oxygen. Starting the journey soon. What are you paying to purchase cylinders with valves?

What are y'all paying for gas? I'm looking for what people are paying to refill a 200-219 cuft tank with helium and also for oxygen. Starting the journey soon. What are you paying to purchase cylinders with valves?
Last time I paid around $130 for a K of helium. A T of aviator O2 was I think $40 or so. That was last fall. K cylinder for helium was maybe $300, T cylinder for O2 was I think $400. I also pay $12 every 5 years for hydros.

Just bought a T of Technical Diver Grade Oxygen from Praxair - $57 including hazard charges, taxes and what nots. Five year lease on the cylinders - about $90.

In Texas, my Airgas account lets me buy UHP helium for $95 a T and I buy med O2 for $12. In Key West I pay $370 a T for the same helium and $95 a T for ABO. So it depends.

I just paid around $30 for a K of industrial oxygen. My brother-in-law gave me some extra K cylinders he had in the back of his shop, but the going rate for cylinders and valves around here is about $300 in private sales. The gas suppliers will only lease them. Some suppliers only uses Ks for oxygen, some only use Ts, here, one more complication.

Thanks for the replies. The best I've found so far in Austin is 107 for industrial helium and 20 for welding o2. Cylinders are 300 including tax. Sounds like you have a much sweeter deal Frank. Houston?

So it depends.
Like your underwear??? :D :D :D
In Texas, my Airgas account lets me buy UHP helium for $95
Were you getting your H2 out of Miami or right there in KW? I wonder what the difference in price would be?

Keep in mind, the volume of gas you use will make a huge difference in how much you pay. I know people that get better prices than I do, but their volume used is higher too.

In Key West. I bought 20 helium bottles so I could get them filled at Air Liquide in FLL for far less. And Helium 5.0 (99.995%) is far less expensive than 5.5 (99.999%), but Airgas doesn't carry 5.0. I never used up the 20 cylinders.

Thanks for the replies. The best I've found so far in Austin is 107 for industrial helium and 20 for welding o2. Cylinders are 300 including tax. Sounds like you have a much sweeter deal Frank. Houston?
An airgas account in Texas is an airgas account. I was buying 2 pallets at a time, and it only has to be shipped from Dallas. It was a commercial account.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom