Hello all, from Charlotte, North Carolina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottbeach

Contributor
Reaction score
Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself... my name is Scott Beach and I live near Charlotte, NC. My wife and I are Carib nuts who have snorkelled extensively, and are now working on our OW certification.

We plan on doing a lot of diving this year and next (no kids yet) and would love to hear from other NC/SC divers.

Scott,
Let me be the first to welcome you to the Board . Although I'm located a ways North of you (NJ),I'm sure there will be people "closer to home" to welcome you,and to give answers to your questions.
This is the place to get info about any dive related topics, so ask away, and share with the other folks on the board.
Good luck with the OW training,
MikeD

Thanks Mike for the quick welcome... my wife and I just couldn't stand floating on the surface any longer and missing out on the "good stuff" down below.

Hi Scott and Mrs. Beach:

Welcome!

Now I am across the border and a little ways down I-85, but I lived in Shelby, NC for 5 years and have used all the Charlotte shops in one way or another. I would be happy to connect with you for info or just for fun. You can PM, or there is an e-mail address on my www. I'd love to hear the news in the Queen city.

A hearty welcome from right down the road near Greenville, SC.

After experiencing the local diving, you will fell well prepared for the Caribbean.

If you make the drive to Lake Jocassee (Near the SC - GA border, north of Seneca), drop a line and I'll gladly join up with you for a dive.

Welcome! If you don't know by now, some of the best diving in the world is off the NC coast. I make that 8 hour drive from Philly 2-3 times a year. A lot cheaper than airline tickets.

Diving Jocassee or Keowee anytime soon?

Looking to get wet, and thought it might be nice to put a face with the handle.

Welcome to the board, and good luck

Mike M

I agree with Tavi - once you've scuba dived, snorkelling seems so much harder!

Good luck with your OW certification - let us know how it all goes and if you have any questions on anything. This is the place to have them answered!

See you around

Back
Top Bottom