Hello all, from Charlotte, North Carolina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well welcome aboard - the board... as others have said, you'll love diving.

I'm planning a trip to NC to dive some of the wrecks in the "North Atlantic Graveyard" in the early part of the summer. Perhaps we can get together meet & greet --- and dive somewhere.

Hello and Welcome from New England!

Beware - Scuba is much more addictive than snorkling!

Happy Diving!

Scuba-sass :)

hey scott theres I lot of lakes and quarrys near you so it will not be hard to find a place to dive, any where from 50 to 150 depth but they are a little cold right now but then again you only live once need help just yell couse i'm at bragg and bored to death.

Welcome to the board from Newport News, VA. I just moved here from Melbourne, FL and will be checking out the diving in VA and NC (when it gets warmer, I'm a serious CAD). Maybe I'll see you off the outer banks sometime.

hey scott,
I'm on mission right now, get off in march need a bud for joecasse its about a hour west of you. It shoud be a fun dive
"all the way"
john

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I am extremely psyched about getting back in the water. It sounds like there are a number of you nearby or who travel through these parts. For those of you with a good sense of location, I live right on Lake Norman (and have a new boat) if anyone feels the urge to dive a nuclear powerplant resevoir (largest lake in the state).

I look forward to meeting all of you.

Hi Scott
Welcome aboard. I'm new to diving and all my diving has been in Jocasses. I live in Asheville, about a two hour drive. Is there places to dive in Lake Norman? Jocasses has a place call the walkin ramp . It where a lot of open water training goes on. The water temp. is about 55f. A little cold for a 5mm.

Good luck with your training .

Welcome to diving in the southeast. I recently came here from Calif. and had to adjust also.
Jocassie is the place to dive here and I dive all year round with wetsuits. some think it is to cold but coming from Calif. this isn't bad.
If you want to go to the lake mail me and we can make arrangements I have most weekdays off.
byersf@bellsouth.net

Hi Scott and welcome to the board from up the road in Raleigh. I grew up in Salisbury and worked about 4 years at McGuire and Marshall plants. There are several in Charlotte on the board. Do you know about the Seas Expo in Raleigh in April? http://seas-expo.com/

Back
Top Bottom