Hello All, New here saying hi from close to Bahrain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cali_Rec_Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi All,

I am in the Marine Corps and I started diving awhile ago. I have only about 15 dives in so far but I am hooked. I learned how to dive in Okinawa, Japan and it was awesome there. Right now I am on a Navy Boat and were supposed to be headed to Bahrain on the 30th. I would love to go diving there but I have to stay with a buddy from the boat...unfortunatly my friend is not a diver and I cant find anywhere in bahrain to see if he can go. Anyone know of any places that could help us?

hey there, i dove in Bahrain a few years back. It was an tug that sunk it about 80 feet or so of water when incompatible hazmat cargoes mixed on her tow. I was near Mina Sulman... I may have an old T shirt from the shop that had "Bahrain wildlife center" on it. Sorry, don't remember the name beyond that but there are dive boat charters in the area (south side near the Sitrah buoy).

Come back home safe, and Thank you for serving.

Welcome to :sblogo:
:wave-smil :wave-smil
:chicken:

Welcome to ScubaBoard. It is good to have you with us. Thanks for your service. It is much appreciated.

Howdy and welcome to SB!

Semper Fi, Leatherneck. :usa: My dad was a seagoing Marine on the Intrepid in WWII. My ready reserve company never got called as expected during Nam. 10Nov will always be special here...

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: and be careful about posting Replies without reading the Stickies for each forum. Click the link in my Sig below to PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

Welcome, you might go to the top of the page to the "Forums" button and look through that directory of the many different sites with lots of diving information. Scroll down to the "Regional travel" from there scroll down to "Africa and the middle east" There are divers and resorts that may answer your questions about Bahrain. There are messages there right now talking about several countries in the area. Also, at the bottom of those pages, you can search back a year to find messages that otherwise won't show up. If you can't find something immediately, start a thread for Bahrain, and someone with experience may soon find you. Meanwhile use the other forums to learn more about diving, equipment, travel resorts and diving photos. Thank you for your service to us!

Welcome to the best scuba site on the net! Lot's of great people to learn from and dive with on this board. Don't be afraid to ask questions. There also a forum for military divers under Non-Geographic clubs.

Welcome to the Crazy world of the scubaboard! If you ever need any advice or help, we're here for you. Thanks for all your hard work and serving your country. Merry Christmas and good diving! You'll find some great information and good people here.

Britt :fish:
:fish:

Wow, I never realized how many nice divers there were out there. I am glad to be part of this new and exciting world. I look foward to chatting and possibly diving with the many peoples that make up this great site. It has been a long time since I have been so welcomed into a group as I have been here. I am glad to see that there is still hope for the nice people in this mad world. Maybe its the calm and yet exciting times spent underwater that keep this group of people the way that they are. Whatever it is I hope to join in and share the wealth of happiness and kindness shared with myself so far. Thanks for the grand welcome eveyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom