Hello--and a special thank you to NAUI's Member Services

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scraps

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I just joined this site today.

I was first certified in 2002 when I lived in Puerto Rico, but then I moved to colder weather the next year and didn't dive at all until 2017, when I moved to Pinellas County, Florida. With such a long gap, I figured it was better to take basic open water all over again rather than just a refresher course--and it turned out to be a good move because I had forgotten a ton.

Since then, I've taken advanced, nitrox, cavern, and rescue. I'm enrolled in a DM course but I'm taking it kind of slow because I don't want my credentials to get too far ahead of my experience.

Now my special thank you to NAUI: I have certifications from PADI, NASE, and NAUI, and I have generally favorable impressions of all of them, so I'm not trying to start a discussion of their relative merits. Since 2017, I had been keeping my dive log on line at NAUI's website, not realizing I was accessing an old system that was no longer supported and was being phased out. Last Thursday afternoon, reality came crashing down when I tried to log two training dives for an OW class I was assisting with and couldn't access the website. It had been turned off. Error 502. Like the parrot in the Monty Python skit, it was no more: it was an ex-website. Panicked because I needed to document 60 dives for the DM course and will eventually need 100 if I progress to OWSI, I emailed NAUI's HQ. On Friday, I received two helpful emails from NAUI's membership services. The first explained the situation. The second offered to ask their IT department for my file. This morning, she sent me an excel file of my entire dive log. Crisis averted. Thanks much to NAUI for the solid customer service!

Welcome to ScubaBoard! If only all IT issues were resolved so well!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom