Hello and Hurricane Updates from Christi's house in Cozumel...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadobadoo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I were lucky enough to be taken in by Christi instead of going to the Theatre here in Cozumel or the Convention center. We all (Christi too) were turned away from the airport this morning when our flight out was cancelled at the last minute.

Let me take a moment to say that we weren't even diving with Christi. She called our hotel to ask if we were ok and to extend an offer. She also took in two other divers (Bob and Noelle) from Oregon who were also staying at Caribe Blu and she has NEVER even met before. Kudos for her, needless to say.

Her house is now secure. Windows are boarded up et al. We held the ladder outside as Mago climbed up like a monkey and turned off the gas. :11:

The wind is starting to speed up tp 40mph or so and it has been raining lightly all day. Really not too bad yet. I'll try to post a video or some photos as the storm rages if electricity permits. I might try to post a video on my profile now that I have been shooting for the last few days...:06:

Take care all! Other SB members are here on the island as well.

We had two great days of diving and weather then it all started to get ugly but hey, what to do? We are trying to stay positive and hope the island fairs well and we can get home on Sunday when we were originally going home in the first place.:D

Jason

Very nice of Christi to take you all in, I hope Wilma passes through with little damage.
Be safe all.

Jason,
Take care. And remember, a bad day in Cozumel is better than a good day in New York.

(Doesn't help, does it ? :D )

By the way, we're having a big Scubaboard get together at Catalina on Nov. 11-13, so I think you should finish off your Cozumel vacation with a side trip to California. We'll be waiting for you :D

WOW what great hospitality!

I read nothing but great things on here about Christi. From this to the story about the guy getting bent and her jumping in and taking care of things.

I will not hesitate when I do dive in Cozumel to book with her.

She is a fine example of a good person.

scubadobadoo:
My wife and I were lucky enough to be taken in by Christi instead of going to the Theatre here in Cozumel or the Convention center. We all (Christi too) were turned away from the airport this morning when our flight out was cancelled at the last minute.

Let me take a moment to say that we weren't even diving with Christi. She called our hotel to ask if we were ok and to extend an offer. She also took in two other divers (Bob and Noelle) from Oregon who were also staying at Caribe Blu and she has NEVER even met before. Kudos for her, needless to say.

Her house is now secure. Windows are boarded up et al. We held the ladder outside as Mago climbed up like a monkey and turned off the gas. :11:

The wind is starting to speed up tp 40mph or so and it has been raining lightly all day. Really not too bad yet. I'll try to post a video or some photos as the storm rages if electricity permits. I might try to post a video on my profile now that I have been shooting for the last few days...:06:

Take care all! Other SB members are here on the island as well.

We had two great days of diving and weather then it all started to get ugly but hey, what to do? We are trying to stay positive and hope the island fairs well and we can get home on Sunday when we were originally going home in the first place.:D

Jason

Wow, what a cool lady. That speaks volumes about her. Guess who you will dive with next time you're in Coz? :) I'll be there, hopefully, in a few weeks. Stay safe.

thanks for keeping us up to date. it looks like you are in for quite a ride and it may last a little while so i would hold off on those sunday dinner reservations in the city. christi is almost too good to be true. my thoughts are with you all.

I've always thought Christi was a real class act. Nice to be right about a person.

Looking forward to the photos/video, but I'm also hoping that they are as uneventful as possible, if you get my meaning.

Keep your heads down.

Currently editing some video...will try to post soon...trying to figure out how to put a video here..i know u can...anyone?

Hey there, babycakes! So how are you and Mago getting along? Have you started trading magic tricks yet? LOL! I told Christi last night that the two of you would probably be so entertaining during the storm that you'd all probably barely notice it! :wink: So 40 mph is the official Jasometer wind speed? :wink: I can just see you doing a Jim Cantore impersonation :). Hell, I almost wish I were there, too - three of my favorite people all in the same house! Give everyone big hugs for me, including the dogs and cats. I'll keep checking in to see how things are going. Love to all!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom