Hello and Hurricane Updates from Christi's house in Cozumel...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi:
Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts.

I'm praying for all of you. Keep in touch as much as you can.

redhatmama:
And Jorge. There are so many people in Cozumel that I'm thinking of right now, it makes me sick.

God keep you all safe.

Jorge is actually off the island, Ibelieve he went to Mexico City last week and of course didn't rush back when word of Wilma came. He is safe :)

That's awesome of you to take in complete strangers!
Stay safe and we look forward to pics/videos!

ahhh, so Mago can keep everyone amused with his magic tricks and Christi can feed everyone with muffins...hopefully Wilma will be gone before you notice...unfortunately itz meant to head this way after...off to buy some muffin mix just in case.......

stay safe

I don't know you Christi , but I wish I did (something I will take care of if/when I ever get to Cozumel) Thank you for your kind heart and looking out for so many , will say a Prayer for you and yours

DB

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and all the kind people of Coz...

Hey Jason,

Sorry I missed you the other day for the noght dive at Caribe Blu. I was hoping to get over there later in the week, well....

Christi called me early yesterday am and I was actually able to get one of the last seats out on Continental. Without her callign I would not have been able to get out. I agree - she is a star. Any word from Craig and Jane?? They were at their place as of early today but haven't heard more from them - they dove with me with Christi early in the week.

Hopefully we can hook up again. I am now looking to set something up for April or early May - definately no storms then!

Good luck.

Hi Jay!

Craig and Jane didn't make it out either. I extended the offer for them to come here, but the Melia is taking good care of them and they decided to stay.

I THINK Andy and Kate made it to Cancun yesterday, but not sure if they got a flight out...I haven;t heard from them.

I have two others at Casa Mexicana who arrived yesterday, but they are also very safe there. I spoke to the reservations manager this morning and she said they would be well taken care of and secure. They were move to rooms away from the waterfront and hurricane doors have been secured.

Of course if you wouldn't have made it out...you may be here with us enjoying our little hurricane fiesta...although, somehow, I think you're glad you're home safe and sound in your own bed.

I will be in touch as soon as humanly possible.

We still have power obviously, but with every approaching minute, it gets worse...so we'll see ho long we're LIVE from Coz.

Thanks again to everyone for your thoughts an prayers!

Christi,

Looks like it is going to be a bad one. Find the safest area you can. We are praying for you and for all on the island. Just went through Rita and she was a cat 3. I will never do that again. It looks like Wilma will be at least a cat 4. Get behind something very strong and high.

dnhill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom